USS Daystrom Stats

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I like it, although the warp speed might be a little high based on comparable craft and the design intent. Pulse phasers should give that bird some talons, though, eh?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Beam firepower: 22
Torpedo firepower: 20
Weapons range and acuracy: 12
Shield strength: 21
Hull armour: 3
Speed: 130
Combat maneuverability: 20,000

These area estimates based on the Peregrine and the ships armament I made up. For some reason Graham's calculator isn't working for me.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I like it, although the warp speed might be a little high based on comparable craft and the design intent. Pulse phasers should give that bird some talons, though, eh?
I based it on the Peregrine, and knocked the speed down a bit due to its size.
Good stuff. You could probably add a few meters on to it and still have it well with in size limits for ship based fighters.
I was considering it as a lighter variant of the Peregrine, which is only a couple of metres longer. Feel free to change it though.
I would also personally add one normal phaser they are more accurate for when you need to hit a vital system.
I was going more for power than accuracy when I designed this, such a small vessel is unlikely to do major damage to anything but the smallest vessels, so I put in guns that would do more damage than a typical phaser.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Metalhead is cag but I would go with delta flyers armed with mpt's as our fighters since my combat detail would need a good transport as well and the delta is the best fight model starfleet has to date. Again that's up to metalheah.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Nah I'll keep your design and make The Daystrom carry 7 instead of 5 fighters since they are smaller than expected.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool, thanks! :)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Rochey wrote:For some reason Graham's calculator isn't working for me.
Can you give me details of what browser you are using on what platform etc. Any error messages you are given (if any).
Thanks
Ian
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Wow! Now THAT'S service!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That was quick. :)

To be honest, I'm not great with computers, and my knowledge of whatever I'm using is rather low.
What I can tell you, is that I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

No error message, but the things where you type in the numbers and get an overall value isn't responding.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Teaos, what system are you planning on using in different situations?
eg, how do we work out which ship wins in a battle, and what sort of damage the victor gets? And who would win in a fight, Mikey or Granitehewer if they were both using phasers?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

This is just a simple RPG for now. Sunnyside asked me before if I intend to do something like that but for this first mission at least its just going to be roll playing. If we get into a fight we just write a battle scene how we feel it will pan out.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, cool. I look forward to the start of it.
When are you planning on beginning?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm going to start it tomorrow. I figure that will leave enough time for final suggestions and requests and such.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds good to me. :)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Rochey wrote:That was quick. :)

To be honest, I'm not great with computers, and my knowledge of whatever I'm using is rather low.
What I can tell you, is that I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

No error message, but the things where you type in the numbers and get an overall value isn't responding.
Sounds like you have javascript turned off. It works fine in Internet Explorer on XP for me. Can you go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options (from the bottom of the menu). A window will pop-up, click the security tab and click the 'Internet' icon. What is the security level for this domain. If it is High then that is your problem, it certainly works with this set to 'Medium-high' (the middle setting).
Thanks
Ian
email, ergo spam