IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Best cars I've driven are these:

Ferrari 360 TS

and

Lamborghini Gallardo

Great day that was, both of these cars are 500bhp and I was on a track. :)

My wife went out in this:

Lamborghini Murciélago

She made the mistake of letting the profesional driver driver for her, which ment she went scary fast, she didn't stop smiling for an hour.
email, ergo spam
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Its the British Driving test that is the money maker. People are failed for utterly stupid reasons, and marked down for even stupider. The style of driving is archaic and highly time-wasting. Everyone in the UK admits learning to get your liscence is learning to pass your test, not learning to drive. the first time pass rate is under 20% at the moment, and the 2nd time pass rate is 40%. More than 50% of all people have to pay well over a total of £100 pounds - two hours of time in your instructors car, the actual practical test itself (£48 i think), and should you fail, you must do it AGAIN. and AGAIN.

as for my thunderbird

the 3.8L engine was, indeed, crap. 140bhp? that was 1992.

the mustang I owned, a 98', was ALOT better. I pulled 0-60 in less than 7 seconds after mods. 7.7 seconds on a stock engine. here's a photo of my long lost baby...

Not a fast car, but a fun car.

and OMG WHERE DID YOU DO THAT AND HOW MUCH WAS IT
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It was from these people:

https://www.driversdreamdays.co.uk/

I went for this package:

https://www.driversdreamdays.co.uk/product.asp?id=191

which is currently on offer for £195, it's normally £300. For that you get three laps of the track in each car. There are lots of other people around on the day and you have to wait your turn. There are also lots of other cars there and you can pay to have a go of them also. It's about £50+ per lap for the others, depending upon how popular they are. For the one off laps you can either drive your self or they will take you out and give you a speed run. Highly recommended.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

celeritas wrote:[obnoxious probing]

why not graham?

[/obnoxious probing]
Simply put... I never got around to learning.

I'm taking lessons now, though.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Damn Ian, you're making me jelous! :lol:

As for myself, nothing too flashy; a light blue '03 Ford Focus with SatNav.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

GTO 0-60 is 5.6 seconds on a stock car.
email, ergo spam
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Hmm

My boss has a new Focus ST, in white, and its really nice

he says it dosn't handle very well

...i say rubbish driver!
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

MetalHead wrote:Its the British Driving test that is the money maker. People are failed for utterly stupid reasons, and marked down for even stupider. The style of driving is archaic and highly time-wasting. Everyone in the UK admits learning to get your liscence is learning to pass your test, not learning to drive. the first time pass rate is under 20% at the moment, and the 2nd time pass rate is 40%. More than 50% of all people have to pay well over a total of £100 pounds - two hours of time in your instructors car, the actual practical test itself (£48 i think), and should you fail, you must do it AGAIN. and AGAIN.
Okay. Thanks, Metalhead. That is... pretty bad. *Whistles slowly* Sounds kina corrupt and/or shady there, too.
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Simply put... I never got around to learning.

its good that you're learning; you'll never know when you might be called upon to drive.

i personally don't know how to drive manual. but i'd like to learn to drive stick. (un)fortunately, i also want to learn how not to kill my patients. *sigh* life is full of trade-offs.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i can't drive, but i don't really need a flashy car to make my man-parts any bigger..............fight fight fight fight!!
Aw damnit someone retaliate lol
Seriously,would love to drive but can't afford the lessons at the moment,so am envious of anyone who does and can
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

celeritas wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:Simply put... I never got around to learning.

its good that you're learning; you'll never know when you might be called upon to drive.

i personally don't know how to drive manual. but i'd like to learn to drive stick. (un)fortunately, i also want to learn how not to kill my patients. *sigh* life is full of trade-offs.
You are not a man until you can operate a manual car :-)

haha, only kidding

Seriously though, its SO much better. Manual cars can get better performance AND fuel economy, as long as you can work the clutch correctly. Automatics are just so laaazyyy.

Booze and Strippers!
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

MetalHead wrote:You are not a man until you can operate a manual car :-)

haha, only kidding

Seriously though, its SO much better. Manual cars can get better performance AND fuel economy, as long as you can work the clutch correctly. Automatics are just so laaazyyy.
curiously, my dad actually bought me a manual car (a ridiculously cheap beat-up used car) for me to learn, but i never got the chance; as a result, he drives to work with it nowadays to save on gas.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

celeritas wrote:
MetalHead wrote:You are not a man until you can operate a manual car :-)

haha, only kidding

curiously, my dad actually bought me a manual car (a ridiculously cheap beat-up used car) for me to learn, but i never got the chance; as a result, he drives to work with it nowadays to save on gas.

What did he get you? Take the time to learn, it puts all the fun in driving. Automatics are so lame and not engaging at all.

Let me tell you something any serious automotive enthusiast will agree with:

THERE IS NOTHING MORE SATISFYING THAN THE PERFECT GEARCHANGE

hehe

Booze and Strippers!
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

an old but still functional 1990 (not sure what year) toyota corolla for precisely $0 USD.[/img]
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

celeritas wrote:an old but still functional 1990 (not sure what year) toyota corolla for precisely $0 USD.[/img]
Well last I checked Toyota was in a position to trounce GM as the number 1 automaker in terms of company size or total value or something like that. Far as I know they may have pulled it off. Japanese cars are generally very reliable, so im not surprised.

That'd be a good car to learn to drive in. Don't drive a deisel, if you get the rare chance to be presented with one in America. 1 - deisels are (sorry guys) for women. Waste of time completely unless you're driving a commercial vehicle. 2 - the clutch action is quite different because deisels produce *alot* more torque than do petrols, and first deisel i drove was nearly impossible to shift smoothly. There again, it was likely a knackered clutch. haha

Learn to do it though! Impress your friends and some dippy girls while you're at it :-D haha

Booze and Strippers!