Klingon possession of the Narada

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Klingon possession of the Narada

Post by Nickswitz »

Rochey wrote:Even a Death Star would be insanely easy to hide in the depths of space. Thing is, most people only travel to certain parts of space. Stars, planets, nebulae, etc. Stick the Narada out in the middle of empty space and no one will ever find it.
Yeah, only problem... Then your stuck in the middle of nowhere.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Rochey wrote:Even a Death Star would be insanely easy to hide in the depths of space. Thing is, most people only travel to certain parts of space. Stars, planets, nebulae, etc. Stick the Narada out in the middle of empty space and no one will ever find it.
Remember the trouble the Rebel's went through to find the Death Star in SWVI. The Dominion launched a sneak attack against Betazed with a small fleet. The Breen attacked Sol with a surprise fleet. It seems easy enough to hide anything you want in space, even with advanced tech.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Was the Dominion fleet that took Betazed small? I just thought it was unexpected.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well, I doubt it would have to a large one. A lot of the war was spent in the areas between Bajor and Cardassia Prime.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Considering Lwaxana Troi the fleet might not have been as small as you think it were :twisted: !

Also, didn't the XY fleet screw up and were out of reach even if they should have been? Don't remember the exact lines anymore.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Atekimogus wrote:Considering Lwaxana Troi the fleet might not have been as small as you think it were !
All the more reason for the UFP to let the Dominion have it. Let them deal with her for a while.
Atekimogus wrote:Also, didn't the XY fleet screw up and were out of reach even if they should have been? Don't remember the exact lines anymore.
Yes, there was a fleet that was caught out of position and were forced to retreat rather then stay and be butchered.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nickswitz wrote:
Yeah, only problem... Then your stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Correct. But their entire plan was to go into hiding. Thus being stuck in the middle of nowhere works brilliantly.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Deepcrush wrote:
Atekimogus wrote:Considering Lwaxana Troi the fleet might not have been as small as you think it were !
All the more reason for the UFP to let the Dominion have it. Let them deal with her for a while.
The last thing I would want to do is throwing around with anfounded conspiracy-theories but I think I heard or read somewhere that delivering her into the hands of the dominion was Section' 31 master plan all along with the unreliable founder-illness only a measly backup-plan. :twisted:
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Lwaxana Troi is a weapon of mass destruction. :laughroll:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So are those boobs she carried with her... Is it me or did those things change size every time we saw her?
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I tried not to look at her if at all possible.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Well, you may remember that she once took a mud-bath with Alexander and look what a brave example of the proud klingon warrior race he turned out to be :twisted: . She is evil and dangerous imho:)
dagadget
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by dagadget »

Good point powered down and in deep space the Narada damaged as she had to be by the Kelvin Collision would pass as just some space junk. If the Klingons had the Narada for any length of time they probably could have figured some of the stuff out.....
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Atekimogus wrote:Well, you may remember that she once took a mud-bath with Alexander and look what a brave example of the proud klingon warrior race he turned out to be :twisted: . She is evil and dangerous imho:)
I'm surprised the dominion kept betazed with her running around........ They prob went through at elast a hundered vorta due to self termination.
Genius insania et conseri manum
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

USS Aeon wrote:I'm surprised the dominion kept betazed with her running around........ They prob went through at elast a hundered vorta due to self termination.
In my head, I just pictured Weyoun snapping his own neck. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939