Grand Nagus Tain

Deep Space Nine
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Grand Nagus Tain

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh, so that's what AIG is. I'd heard of them, but never actualy figured out what it was they did.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I didn't know until I looked it up. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'd guess that the pre war Cardies might be able to knock the Ferengi Alliance over. Ferengi ships don't impress me all that much, and their crews certainly don't. But the Ferengi are rich... I imagine invading them would piss off an awful lot of trading partners, maybe to the point of them taking sides. And I imagine they could hire considerable mercenary forces to join the fight.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

When did a Ferengi ship inflict 'serious damage' on a GCS?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Wait a minute... I like Tag Heuer watches.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:When did a Ferengi ship inflict 'serious damage' on a GCS?
They've never done serious damage, but there have been a couple of occassions when their weapons have knocked the ship about far worse than we've seen from any Cardie - "The Last Outpost" and "Peak Performance" spring to mind.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

the ferengi may have somewhat of a formidable fleet, but even if they do, they possibly would be scattered across the quadrants as instruments of policy of individual daimons, perhaps with the reforms of zek, rom etc, the alliance might become more centralised
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

A major problem for the Ferengi would be a serious lack of unity. I can imgaine quite a few officers trying to jump ship if offered the right bribes.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

they may need more eliminators like lek :-)
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey makes a good point. Each DaiMon seems to have a proprietary interest in his ship - if not ownership, then at least a stake. They seem to pretty much have free rein to use their ship as tehy will in the search for loot a/o business opportunities, and the ships certainly don't appear to be attached to any sort of military. I could see the Grand Nagus issuing a stack of letters of marque, but that's really no substitute for the skill and loyalty of a standing navy.
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

oi i said that first! mods of the world unite! rochey is getting a christmas email this year but mikey, you're going to have to earn yours :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Didn't mean to step on your lines.
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

step away, step away!
I'm going to form an anti-moderator maquis now though, and try to genetically alter my mate dev aka metalhead to infiltrate your ranks, damn,classic case of marvel comic baddy syndrome, just gave away the villainous scheme there in a bluster of pride......
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:When did a Ferengi ship inflict 'serious damage' on a GCS?
They've never done serious damage, but there have been a couple of occassions when their weapons have knocked the ship about far worse than we've seen from any Cardie - "The Last Outpost" and "Peak Performance" spring to mind.
'Last Outpost' I can see. But for 'Peak mPerformance', they were caught off guard and running at simulation power, IIRC. Picard thought it was a sensor ghost.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:'Last Outpost' I can see. But for 'Peak mPerformance', they were caught off guard and running at simulation power, IIRC. Picard thought it was a sensor ghost.
They got caught off-guard and with shields down in "The Wounded", and didn't suffer the damage they did in PP. Also, while their weapons were set at low power, just as in "The Ultimate Computer", I very much doubt their shields were - it would somewhat defeat the purpose of reducing weapons power.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.