Breen

Deep Space Nine
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Well no doubt, guys, i'm risking being jeered and getting rotten apples thrown at me...but........
Admittedly character development with a helmeted race is severely curtailed, is like trying to give star wars stormtroopers a personality...but wouldn't a post DS9/Voy series be cool, if it focused on the Federations' interaction with the Breen, Tholians, Gorn and Miradorn (am only including the latter as they were signees of a treaty with the dominion, so potentially may have some sway). :D
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I have always wanted another Star trek set in the future. But I would prefer it in 2400 a few decades latter.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, it would make more sense just to set the next series (if there is one) in the future. No chance of the writers screwing up continuity then. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

They'd find a way............you know it :D
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

They could be on thin ice with the federation and then become major players when they save the series 'hero ship'. I even got a short scene for the why. The captain is wondering why they helped until the unknown alien member of the crew asks to talk to him privately, and reveals that she(I always figured a she) is a Breen
---

Captain: You know why they saved us?

Alien officer: Yes sir. You see they saved us because I'm the daughter of their equivalent of a president.

Captain: Really? You're Breen? That's great.

Breen officer: I didn't expect that reaction.

Captain: Oh, the crew had a pool going for the name of your species. I had Breen.
---

I know Starfleet isn't supposed to bet but I've been reading a lot of Star Trek New Frontier lately so odd scenes like this keep popping into my head.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I think that would be in their file when they first stepped onboard ;)

Would be weird to see an Ubese, I mean a Breen in a Starfleet uniform.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Monroe wrote:I think that would be in their file when they first stepped onboard ;)

Would be weird to see an Ubese, I mean a Breen in a Starfleet uniform.
Well I figured the character would sign on with some story about having amnisia or something and convinced Starfleet to let her in. And I figured she wouldn't have the traditional Breen outfit, because I'm pretty sure they don't need them. I'm betting that their planet is in fact Class-M and that's why they wanted earth. My idea is that they resemble huminoid versions of jungle cats. After all jungle cats and their relatives are widespread across the globe, and that would explain the muzzle feature on their helmet. And that first contact was with one of their well developed colonies and that it was on a cold world that they let everyone belive was their homeworld. Then they kept the suits, which they needed on the cold world, was standard issue for all official Breen interactions with other species to keep their identity a secret much like how the Romulans kept their identity a secret for about a hundred years or so even with a war.

Or I could be wrong and they're an offshoot of humans or something.
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Given how xenophobic the Breen are, it is quite the stretch to have them involved in such a war in the first place. The Alpha quadrant powers were devastated by the war, but the Breen don't seem to have suffered much in terms of industrial or civilian losses, so most likely they simply withdrew completely to their own territory and the Federation let them be.
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

that first contact was with one of their well developed colonies and that it was on a cold world that they let everyone belive was their homeworld. Then they kept the suits, which they needed on the cold world, was standard issue for all official Breen interactions with other species to keep their identity a secret much like how the Romulans kept their identity a secret for about a hundred years or so even with a war.
That's actually a really cool idea...and it fits in with what Weyoun said, as well as all the references to Breen being a 'frozen wasteland'. The Breen are a pretty cool race; it would be really neat to learn more about them, other than just random references to them as was done through most of TNG and DS9.
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Wouldn't a Breen be completely unable to survive on a Fed ship without one of their cold suits?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

.........assuming that the breen, really need those suits.........
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

They don't according to Weyoun in "The Changing Face of Evil" - the Been homeworld is "quite comfortable" apparently.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Weyoun, the man of impeccable ettiquette and perhaps of some degree of elaborating a grain of truth into a baroque tapestry
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Well, given the circumstances (he was talking to Damar rather than a Fed) I see no reason not to take the comment at face value - he simply had to reason to try and mislead.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

That we know of...........
but as always, you'll probably be correct.
Imagine a breen choir singer.............dueting with a tholian