Warning to Blackstar

Important stuff, please read before posting
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Warning to Blackstar

Post by Deepcrush »

How long was I a part of DITL until I started to calm down? I grew up in a place where there really aren't a lot of geeks or nerds... :lol:

It took time and a number of people on here checking me to get it right. What does anyone get from someone being gone forever? We all know what Blackstar did, we knew that she did it with the intention to get out of problems in a debate. Did anyone ask why? I didn't, I never cared too, still don't, just as much a chance I me hitting Blackstar as there is of me asking that question when she's got me all heated up over something. I think a better task would have been to find out why it is so hard for her to conceed.

We know the reasons for some of us on here. Deepcrush's temper, Seafort's pride, these two often come head to head. Insults to world's end have spilled out from these. But again, what I think makes it easier on people is we know why these two people clash. I still never saw anyone ask Blackstar why she can't admit to being wrong about something.

I may just be beating a dead horse here but its on my mind.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Which one, my long winded speech or the 50/50?
Both. Though there were a number of clues suggesting "chick".
Maybe, the mood swings, short temper over nothing, switching sides for little to no reason. But that could also mean french. Also, I just didn't care enough to look for them.
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

I agree with Deepcrush that clearer guidelines should be put forth if banning is on the table.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

As I said, I wasn't around. I can merely speak from what I gathered from our discussions.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I have a weird feeling that the brothers are going to beat me like fresh beef when they read this. :worried:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:I may just be beating a dead horse here but its on my mind.
Well, I'm with you on that.

Grundig (hal) - I also agree with that.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:I have a weird feeling that the brothers are going to beat me like fresh beef when they read this. :worried:
Did you just say "beat" and "beef" in the same sentence?

Well, we have other matters at hand, so I'll let you slide this time.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:I have a weird feeling that the brothers are going to beat me like fresh beef when they read this. :worried:
I don't think so. That's the whole point - they don't mind dissenting opinions, as long as they are put forth in a reasonable manner and have some sense behind them. If you started flaming them, then there'd be a problem, but you haven't.

PS Tsu - wow, that must have killed you. :lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I still have this picture in my head of them coming into my house and just kicking the crap out of me for bringing it back to life.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

EDIT: Ignore it, shi's gone.

I have to admit, its gonna kill alot of tensions. Might just calm things down. Obviously i dont want hir to leave. She was the first person who i considered a friend on here. One of the first to talk to me properly. Someone who trusts me enough to come and talk to me via MSN about concerns of his. And i respect that. Deeply. I'm not for her departure. But i can understand your reasons. May i wish hir good luck in the future, even if that future is not here.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Not that it matters but Blackstar is a guy. Third party evidence.

I'm hoping this will just die in a day or so but I believe we do need to let this air out or it will fester. I'll make a few points here.

When Blackstar was banned he was given a very clear warning by the mods and admins that he was on his last chance. Anything perceived as disruptive and he was out. In my opinion he was dancing along that line from the second he got back. For several days back after his arrival he bitched and moaned. Then as has been mentioned he didnt get better in his debating, he got worse.

He habitually de-railed threads, made it impossible for a reasonable debate to exist, and pissed off a large number of the members here. Now there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and having different opinion and pissing someone off. Hell I debated on the same side as Blackstar on several debates yet to my knowledge I dont piss many people off here apart from my poor spelling.

Heres a question for you. Can anyone name one good fun debate that we've had since Blackstar got back from his last banning? We used to have them all the time but recently the big ones have all gotten de-railed and members have gotten pissed.

He had several chances to save himself, numerous times he was asked, begged, to act civilly, to debate with even an ounce of common sense.

He had mods specifically point out to him that his behavior was going from annoying to disruptive, did he do anything to change his behavior? No. It got worse still.

Now generally I had very little conflict with Blackstar, I tended to just avoid debating against him as I found it frustrating. Hell if Iit wasnt for I and one other member he would have most likely been banned permenantly last time.

I would also like to point out that there are at least two other serious issues with Blackstar that the majority of the board isnt aware of that by themselves justify a permanent banning.

At the end of the day Blackstar has been given A LOT of slack. The majority of us respected his wish to be treated as a Shi, I personally let him bend the rules in the RP when I wouldnt for most people, we but up with his disruptive behavior for a long time. We gave several official warnings and dozens of unofficial ones.

So to all of you who think this is unfair I have three points to make.

1) This banning is not just about this one little event. It has built up over a long time and the majority of people here know of the events that have happened. While this by its self does not justify a banning this with everything else does.

2) Ask your self. Are we worse off with out him? I'd be surprised if many say yes.

3) Time to sound like a bit of a prick here. Up to this point the admins and mods have not really done much more than house keeping around here, moving thread ect. But we have had, and do have the power to issue warnings and use our judgment in doing so. We have been talking about this ever since the mods were created and I will say now, out of the six of us there was a 100% vote for banning. Considering the vastly different types of people we have as mods/admins that is saying a lot since we have never all agreed on anything before.

Also on the request for formal rules on behaviour and debating. We discussed the idea and rejected it. Everyone else here is doing just fine and we feel no need for it.

Any rules may just stop people debating certain points when they are more than welcome to. If anyone does start being disruptive they will be given ample warning as Blackstar was.

The one rule of "Dont be a jerk" is good enough for now.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I fully second Teaos' post.

What people are failing to realise is that Blackstar wasn't banned due to his idiocy in the Funny Pics thread. He was banned for a combination of everything he's done on this forum. Just off the top of my head, he's already amassed a pretty impressive list of offences:
Continued intellectual dishonesty in virtualy every debate.
Starting a 20 page long flame war in the Daystrom RPG because Thorin took the position he wanted.
Nearly starting a second one in the Gamma thread.
Threatening to hack someone's computer.
Made vague death threats towards a moderator.
Lied about an official warning Ian gave him in a thread where Ian was participating.
Consistantly ignored points brought up by others.
General assholishness.
Open admission to trolling.

Really, the latest thread was just a case of the straw that broke the camel's back. He's already been given three official warnings and been temp-banned for a week. Did he adress his behaviour when he got warnings? No. When he came back after being banned, did he ask what he could do to be a better member of the board? No, he started bitching about how unfair we all were and started arguing semantics with Graham.
When I asked him to tell me what he contributed to this community he ignored me twice and then finaly answered "I run one of the RPGs".

Moreover, while we don't have specific debating rules per se, we do have two rules that Blackstar did run foul of:
Posting here is a privilege, not a right. You are a guest here, and should behave accordingly. If you want to exercise your right to be a jerk, you will find that you will have to do it elsewhere.

[...]

We all argue and insult from time to time. But threads that dissolve into flame wars will be closed, and those who keep such things running will be disciplined.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Teaos, I know It (for correctness sake) is a guy.

And i agree with the reasoning. I simply believe in compromise. The decision to ban has been made. I will stand by it, even if it is not what i would have done.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Compromise would have been great. Shame we couldnt think of one which would work.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, I'm sure you're all going to be shocked to hear that Blackstar's been taking this just as we thought he would:
May DITL and the mods and admins burn in hell
I've been banned perminantly this time. It started when I was accused of almost trolling after being forced to reply to something by an admin, and then I get a warning because of it. Then I try to defend myself and I get banned. What the ****? Well, I will get my revenge. I left them a warning in my sig: Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back-Vigo. A Ghostbusters 2 reference. And to refrence Toy Story, on Chakona they don't believe in revenge, but we aren't on Chakona.

But other then that, I've had a good week, probably meaning the DITL thing was just Karma catching up. Or it's preemtive Karma for something else since I can't think of why Karma took my car, unless it was for this week. I think my karma started backwards since I was born during a blizzard where my dad got a ticket for parking on the wrong side of the street during a snow emergency

Anyway, My mother and sister have been in vegas this week so I've been walking around the house naked and taking long baths. I've also finished up exams for school and I think I did well.

Well, I hope I get something good coming my way, and that the admins on DITL get what's coming to them.
We love you too, Blackstar. And I'm sure we're all terrified at your threats of revenge.
And the source.

So for those of you defending him, tell me this: do we really need him back, and moreover, does he deserve to come back?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"