Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Mikey »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:Or we just go "Quantum"
:lol:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:didn't we carry, I think it was Metler's, personal ship in the Alpha topic?
Because we rescued it. I'm not saying that anyone else would be able to use it on a whim; I just don't understand why it would be personal property. If it were, I wouldn't want it performing Starfleet objectives.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote: Because we rescued it. I'm not saying that anyone else would be able to use it on a whim; I just don't understand why it would be personal property. If it were, I wouldn't want it performing Starfleet objectives.
Well...if it was a personal shuttle it could have modifications of an...um...extra-legal? nature and allow Starfleet to have plausible deniability should they be discovered. But if you really want I can change it. No big deal to me.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How and why would it suddenly be private property?
It was built on a Federation vessel.
It was built by Federation personel.
It was built from a Federation fighter.
It was built with Federation parts.
It is based on a Federation ship.
It is crewed by Federation personel.
It performs Federation missions.

To me, that kinda indicates it's a Federation vessel, owned and run by Starfleet.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

according to her bio, it was catastrophically damaged and rather than salvage it, it was sold minus several high tech items. Personally i think it is just asking for trouble.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm not saying I have a problem with your backstory and ownership of a craft (although I would have liked to know if you were taking the property of MY ship...) What I'm saying is that my character - and any decent captain - would never allow a privately-owned craft to be purposefully based on a a Federation ship, or to participate in the Federation operations.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Nor would i.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I wrote wrote:[snip pointless stuff in last post]
Uh, ignore me. I thought we were talking about that fighter that was built on the Daystrom.

I'm still against the idea of having private vessels on the Daystrom, though.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:
I wrote wrote:[snip pointless stuff in last post]
Uh, ignore me. I thought we were talking about that fighter that was built on the Daystrom.

I'm still against the idea of having private vessels on the Daystrom, though.
That is what we're talking about - the craft that Blackstar and I started to build, and that I and M'real finished and used to land some fire teams during the last mission.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Reliant121 wrote: it was sold minus several high tech items.
A PT-1(the item mentioned in the bio) isn't that high tech :lol:

So judging by the majority of opinions posted I should go with something else. Here are the alternate ideas I suggested
A)The Shadow Fox is given a temporary Starfleet commission or B) After the shipyards finished studying the Shadow Fox M'Real continued using it as her personal vessel, and as she was the only officer in Starfleet who totally understood how to repair and operate it no one has objected to it.
So do you want me to change it to A, B, or some idea of your own?
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Why not just keep it as was - it was and always has been a SF vessel, harboured in the Daystrom?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Thorin wrote:Why not just keep it as was - it was and always has been a SF vessel, harboured in the Daystrom?
I don't want to seem rude or anything but, that may officially be the dumbest thing I've seen out of you. The Shadow Fox is(or rather was) an advanced prototype with abilities superior to comparable craft. Starfleet(as stupid as they are at times) would probably want to study it. Seeing as M'Real was a major asset in completing it, and the only one who totally understood how it worked she'd have to go with it. Plus it gives my secondary character something to do.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

It was built by SF officers, there would be detailed logs, blueprints, and details about, particular the construction techniques, how to repair certain systems, manuals...

It is SF property - at no point did it become M'Reals. Just because it's advanced or a prototype doesn't make it private property. Starfleet wouldn't need to study it, they've got everything they need, even things like holographic representations if they really felt a need to see a 3D model. Even if they did study it, it's still SF's.
You're secondary character can fly it, but to presume it's private property on what you've said, or saying that keeping it as SF property is the dumbest thing you've ever heard is utterly ridiculous.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's what I was trying to get at - it can be "yours" to fly, and (unless I want to go for a spin) I doubt there would be any reason for anyone else to; but it would still be an SF vessel, attached to the Daystrom. I don't think it really varies much in effect from your option "B."
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, since we're talking about the fighter after all, my previous points still stand. It's a Starfleet vessel.
The Shadow Fox is(or rather was) an advanced prototype with abilities superior to comparable craft. Starfleet(as stupid as they are at times) would probably want to study it. Seeing as M'Real was a major asset in completing it, and the only one who totally understood how it worked she'd have to go with it. Plus it gives my secondary character something to do.
M'Real wasn't the only one working on it. There'd be plenty others who have knowledge of the ship's design and capabilities.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Thorin wrote:You're secondary character can fly it, but to presume it's private property on what you've said.

I thought the idea of it being sold as surplus was a rather creative idea. Howabout you post your bio so I can piss on your ideas.