11:59

Voyager
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: 11:59

Post by Bryan Moore »

I suppose I should elaborate: Dumb premise, clearly a ratings deal to tie into the new millenium, and in the end, it made no relevant contribution to the series. I'm fine with one-off oddball flashbacks, but I found this one so incredibly useless.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, if it's that bad then I can't wait 'till OVEG gets its claws into the episode.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The one redeeming feature (which Graham mentions in his write-up) was that it predicted (in 1999) that Y2k would do sod-all. An unprecedented case of Voyager sticking its neck out on something.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:The one redeeming feature (which Graham mentions in his write-up) was that it predicted (in 1999) that Y2k would do sod-all. An unprecedented case of Voyager sticking its neck out on something.
and was right!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

This is how i would've directed this episode:
-Someone plants a tricobalt warhead on Voyager.
-The Voyager crew gets a note that there is a tricobalt warhead somewhere on the ship that is set to go off at 11:59 PM
-They search for it, but can't find it.
-The B plot would be Harry is stuck in one of those hamster wheels and has to get out.
-Neelix finds it in the airlock.
-Unfortunately, te airlock can only be opened from inside the airlock itself (from some strange reason).
-Neelix spaces himself and the bomb saving Voyager.
-After a funeral, a Mirror Universe Captain Ransom kills Janeway, takes command, and secures everyones' loyalty and respect by providing them with hookers and booze.
-Voyager encounters another Cardassian Missile, disables it, and steals the quantum torpedoes, antimatter, and deuterium from it.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

:confused:
as Bull offed Custer
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Mikey wrote::confused:
What's so :confused: about it?
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Are you just talking about writing a completely different ep with the same title?
as Bull offed Custer
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Mikey wrote:Are you just talking about writing a completely different ep with the same title?
Same episode, different plot. Sorry, I should've been more clear about that.
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

JudgeKing wrote:This is how i would've directed this episode:
-Someone plants a tricobalt warhead on Voyager.
-The Voyager crew gets a note that there is a tricobalt warhead somewhere on the ship that is set to go off at 11:59 PM
-They search for it, but can't find it.
-The B plot would be Harry is stuck in one of those hamster wheels and has to get out.
-Neelix finds it in the airlock.
-Unfortunately, te airlock can only be opened from inside the airlock itself (from some strange reason).
-Neelix spaces himself and the bomb saving Voyager.
-After a funeral, a Mirror Universe Captain Ransom kills Janeway, takes command, and secures everyones' loyalty and respect by providing them with hookers and booze.
-Voyager encounters another Cardassian Missile, disables it, and steals the quantum torpedoes, antimatter, and deuterium from it.
Pretty much better all around than the drek that was served up in the other ep. I would have preferred Mirror Harry complete with goatee. Then again, chances are Mirror Harry got himself killed in one way or another.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

katefan wrote:Pretty much better all around than the drek that was served up in the other ep. I would have preferred Mirror Harry complete with goatee. Then again, chances are Mirror Harry got himself killed in one way or another.
On the contrary - he'd probably have been the most colourful character on Voyger, and the only one to survive the epsode. This is the mirror universe, after all. :wink:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Speaking of Harry Kim, in this episode, we learn that in "about" 2210, Harry's "uncle" Jack piloted a sleeper ship on a deep-space exploration trip to Beta Capricus. The rest of the crew went into stasis while Jack spent the six months piloting the ship himself alone. Upon arrival, the "star" was found not to exist and to be only an electromagnetic echo of a distant galaxy. Jack chose not to wake the rest of the crew before returning, after a further 6 month journey, back to Earth. When they awoke in Earth orbit they initally questioned why they had never left.

Of intersting note Kim had 7 failed reationship/crushes while on Voyager, if you count Libby. The boy has no luck with women.

This reminds me of another question I had, whatever happened to the Original Kim's body?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Neelix made a stew out of the meat, and used the bones for soup.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Neelix made a stew out of the meat, and used the bones for soup.
That wouldn't surprise me in the least.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Neelix made a stew out of the meat, and used the bones for soup.
Doubt it - if Neelix made it, it would have infected the ship or something.
as Bull offed Custer