Mirror Voyager

Voyager
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I often found it interesting to see 'normal' Trek ships, designed for exploration, to be converted to pure warships.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Voyager
Petty officer third class

Post by Voyager »

Oh yeah, I didn't meant imposter one, I meant where Janeway shot that "leader"... Photonic aren't as powerfull as Photon... Inefficent to be right...
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Mirror Krenim and Reflective Lizards...

Post by Foxbat »

Curious to see how the Krenim would be altered from the Year of Hell episodes. Would they be using their time alterating abilities to stop a Mirror Janeway rampaging across the galazy?

And the old reptiles from earth (name escapes me at the moment) with the Distant Origin Theory. How would one invert them I wonder...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Space Ghost
Master chief petty officer

Post by Space Ghost »

Mirror Voyager, eh? Maybe it would actually have character development? ;)

*Ducks*
"Are you considering the strategy I'm considering?"
"The cliché is 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' And yes, I am."
Voyager

Post by Voyager »

Foxbath, You mean the Voth? They are shameful...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, they had an interesting potential for that episode. *sigh*
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Voyager

Post by Voyager »

I wonder how did voyager got destroyed...?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:?
Voyager got destroyed? Where was this?
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Voyager wrote:I wonder how did voyager got destroyed...?
/confused..... :shock: :? :? :? <spoiler alert> *whispers* they make it back home

Anyway, I would think that the Krenim and Zahl would be allies against Voyager, (which attacks/destroys one of their worlds to scare them into submission), and Arronax would be trying to repair the damage done to the alliance after Voyager's attack.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

I have to admit, for as much as I like the darker side of any universe, I didn't care for the "mirror" concept in Trek that much. I know why they did it as it allowed the actors to have some fun and step outside their character while allowing for a fun "romp" on the dark side. But the episodes were never that exciting to me in any of the series that did it.

With that said, I did enjoy the alternate history of the "bad" Voyager crew. Mainly because as a history major, it is fun to see how easy it is for people to distort the facts about past events. :D Plus it was cool because none of what we saw "really" happened, as opposed to the Mirror universe episodes of the other series that "really" did.
Handel
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Mirror Voyager

Post by Handel »

they get back? shoot I guess I missed that ep

(just kidding...)
But the episodes were never that exciting to me in any of the series that did it.
really? not even the Enterprise ones?
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

I'll grant you that Enterprise, arguably, did it the best (one of the few things they did well at all, quite frankly). I admit that it was a fun, if mindless, 2 hours. But I would have preferred they had used the time and energy they put into the Mirror episodes to construct a better ending a few episodes later. :P

But, then again, I'm just cynical as hell. :wink:
Voyager

Post by Voyager »

The doctor's holodeck novel, Also kinda showed Voyager in it's Mirror Form, See how the doctor was treated...
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Space Ghost wrote:I have to admit, for as much as I like the darker side of any universe, I didn't care for the "mirror" concept in Trek that much. I know why they did it as it allowed the actors to have some fun and step outside their character while allowing for a fun "romp" on the dark side. But the episodes were never that exciting to me in any of the series that did it.

With that said, I did enjoy the alternate history of the "bad" Voyager crew. Mainly because as a history major, it is fun to see how easy it is for people to distort the facts about past events. :D Plus it was cool because none of what we saw "really" happened, as opposed to the Mirror universe episodes of the other series that "really" did.
I agree. I think that thinking about mirror Voyager is fun, and might provide fodder for some great fanfics on our writer's forum (hint, hint... :roll:), but would pose a problems in a fully realized series. (Not the least of which is the erosion of the underlying philosophy...but that is neither here nor there.)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, it would be very difficult to make a tv series set in the MU.
really? not even the Enterprise ones?
Incredibly enough, Enterprise, I thought, managed to make a good MU. One of the only good things unfortunately,