What If: Voyager

Voyager
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: What If: Voyager

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, False Profits came a good bit after The 37's, so it's quite possible they would have settled on the paradise planet and never found the wormhole.

Of course, even if they did, the Maquis would be in an even worse position with the ship. Why? Because they're a greater threat, and Starfleet will make taking back or destroying Voyager a serious priority, and so will the Cardassians.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:Well, False Profits came a good bit after The 37's, so it's quite possible they would have settled on the paradise planet and never found the wormhole.

Of course, even if they did, the Maquis would be in an even worse position with the ship. Why? Because they're a greater threat, and Starfleet will make taking back or destroying Voyager a serious priority, and so will the Cardassians.
Voyager could be a bargaining chip in future negotiations. I doubt starfleet would negotiate, but if they could sell Voyager to the Cardassians for control of the DMZ, and maybe even recognition as a legitimate independent government, which was the eventual goal according to Eddington I believe it was. The political fallout could shake up the AQ
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Voyager could be a bargaining chip in future negotiations. I doubt starfleet would negotiate, but if they could sell Voyager to the Cardassians for control of the DMZ, and maybe even recognition as a legitimate independent government, which was the eventual goal according to Eddington I believe it was. The political fallout could shake up the AQ
The Fleet would just cross over and destroy her. Besides the Cardies aren't going to sell their holdings for one ship.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
The Fleet would just cross over and destroy her. Besides the Cardies aren't going to sell their holdings for one ship.
They'd be selling disputed territory for an advanced starship with Starfleet's latest technology and database. I'd say it'd be worth it.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

They'd be selling disputed territory for an advanced starship with Starfleet's latest technology and database. I'd say it'd be worth it.
Yeah, and then the Maquis would have nothing but fighters to defend themselves again. Brilliant idea that!

And we already know that the Cardies don't honour their agreements so it may as well be written in pencil.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Honestly I think they would have settled on a planet the First chance they got.

70 years is so long most of them would be dead. They know their fight is over against the Federation and Cardasians.

He would find a nice planet, either empty or join a current society like the 39's and live there.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Guys, let's not forget that Chakotey was a former Starfleet Commander, and recieved all his training from Starfleet. He left Starfleet to go and defend his home, using unconventional means. Suddenly he finds himself in command of a federation starship. I think that he would revert to form, and try to captain her as a starfleet officer. I just don't think that he's the same caliber as Janeway, so I'm not sure they ever would have made it home at all
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He taught advanced tactics at the Academy. He also felt deeply betrayed by Starfleet.

I cant see him following even half of their guidelines. He'd do what he though best for his ship not what was best for others.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Mark wrote: I just don't think that he's the same caliber as Janeway, so I'm not sure they ever would have made it home at all
Ummm......

This is Kathryn Janeway were talking about, not Jean-Luc Picard.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

What would Chakotay do with Tuvok? While Chakotay may feel betrayed, Tuvok is a competent and highly trained tactical officer who would be a valuable asset to a Captain Chakotay, if he could be trusted.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He would have made it home faster if he tried.

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Mark wrote: I just don't think that he's the same caliber as Janeway, so I'm not sure they ever would have made it home at all
Ummm......

This is Kathryn Janeway were talking about, not Jean-Luc Picard.

She did something right. In Nemisis it LOOKED like she had three admirals pips (I could be wrong there). Not to say Picard isn't finest Captain in Starfleet, but since Stargazer he's had one of the most powerful and prestegious commands in the fleet. She brought most of her crew home in what strikes me as a jazzed up scout. She deserves a few props
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

She was propably promoted for PR reasons.

And if she hadnt made a bunch of stupid calls she would have got home a lot faster with less dead crew.

Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

There was a bit of "Deus ex machina" going on in getting Voyager home in a tenth the time it was meant to take (and not just in "Endgame") so it's not entirely a testament to Janeway's brilliance.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Remember guys, promoting retards to get them out of the field is a time honoured tradition in the military. And given the SF Admirals we've seen it may very well be SOP for SF.