My new hero

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I'm a piece of space junk. I got a Lvl 48 Mage and Lvl 28 Shaman :(
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Wow. I guess I'm just some crap that fell out of a comet tail. I've played for about two weeks of my life - I have a level 15 hunter.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Wow looks like most of us have played at one time or another.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

This is a Star Trek forum. Are you surprised?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A little.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Wow...I'm suprised so many people here played WoW. I never understood the appeal of it.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It beat the hell out of any AI. Playing an online game with hundreds of other people is very interesting. Especially if you do missions with groups.

shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ralph's ambition is to one day become a politician.
I think he passes the polititian test.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He hired a hooker like all good politicians do.

Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Wow...I'm suprised so many people here played WoW. I never understood the appeal of it.
The game is awful. It has appeal in the McDonald's or Disneyland sort of way... the "hey, millions of people love it, and it's the biggest out there, so there must be something great about it..." lemming thinking. I admit getting addicted because a friend shoved the free trial CD's on me that come with the game, and I was in between college and a job and had nothing else to do with my time. The addiction is very much the game design rather than the game itself... I don't go back because I love the game, I go back because there's a feeling of ongoing progress and if you don't keep up you'll fall so far behind you can't even play with your friends anymore. It sounds like I got hooked more severely than any of you did, though.

Nevertheless, I had the sense to put my foot down and say no when it came to upper level stuff and it came down to "okay, if you want to advance beyond noob in the game at this point, it requires you setting schedules, showing up for raids on set days, and devoting 3-6 hours per night to raiding or else our raid guild will kick you and good luck finding another one. Oh, and we have too many of your class already so if you give us any lip we'll replace you on the raid roster lickety split." Which means I have a max level character going around with gear that puts him equivalent to someone more hardcore who is five or ten levels lower.... in other words, nearly useless except to farm items or sit around talking. Addiction carried me so far but not far enough that I was going to literally make the game a part-time unpaid job and "have" to show up at certain hours at regular intervals. Not to mention it's a job that requires you to meekly take orders from 13 year olds who get overly excited at the word "boobies"...

The game is masterfully crafted for addictive potential though, I grant it that. The whole delayed effort/reward thing going on in there is insane (imagine the psychological equivalent of ceaseless foreplay..) The game itself? Pfft. Morrowind or Oblivion or any well made single player game could rip it a new hole any day. Not to mention Blizzard IMHO infamously rips generic copies from other franchises and its own games so much that it always feels like a parody of itself. (Even using the same voice actress for Kerrigan from Starcraft for a character in Warcraft who "fell" and got taken over by an evil overmind.... gee.... original...) Oh and as someone who didn't touch Warcraft before (I make it a rule never to play MMORPG's based on a premise, book series or game series that I like, because MMORPG's will by definition whore it up and ruin the original premise and make a true fan angry) I have to say Blizzard gives George Lucas a run for his money in terms of making up generic names that are totally unpronounceable. "Lore" in this game goes along the lines of "AND THEN THE DARK MYSTIC ALIEN WARLORD NAZ'GTH'ZHAHA'AGALULU TOOK THE CRYSTAL SCEPTOR OF POWER LEFT BEHIND FROM WAKA'GATHAZAGA'TAKKTAK'S DEPARTURE FROM THIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE AND USED IT TO CREATE FOR HIMSELF A NEW LEGION...

Someone please remind me to cancel my account before I get a gun... ;)
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Gah. I'm glad I don't give a crap about online RPG games...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Its the only multiplayer online game that I have ever played.

I enjoyed it when I played but I never got addicted to it. I just like doing dungeon and questing with people.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm not a big fan of online games, myself.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

World of Warcraft is aweful because 1) its played by everyone and 2) Its soo outdated now. Its old. End of story. Guild Wars is better cause its more recent and you dont have to pay subsciption fees.

not that i've played either due to not being permitted on online games until recently. If you want my Online/MMORPG suggestion, EVE online gets it all the way.