Favorite episodes - TOS

The Original Series
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think breaking the neutronium apart for use will be a bit of a problem. :wink:

Welcome to the site. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
jnadreth
Petty officer third class

Post by jnadreth »

Actually I was thinking to either repair and reprogram it, or if that doesn't work-land it mouth first on Earth, paint it green and finally wrap 200 megatons of christmas decorations around it-maybe a few Gift Wrapped starships for the DITL at the sides :lol:
"I have a starship, now I'm heading through a wormhole to a galaxy very far away and in the distant past"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Not a half bad idea. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The "Doomsday Tree"? :D Welcome to DITL.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Balance of Terror.

Trek does do 'Submarine episodes' very well. Mark Lenard was brilliant as the Romulan Commander, and it was good to see Spock advocating a violent response when logic called for it.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Agreed, kostmayer. Mark Lenard is a great actor, and portrayed Sarek as only he could. I have the book Star Trek: Federation by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens both in paperback and on tape, narrated by Mark Lenard. He does a great job.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

kostmayer wrote:Balance of Terror.

Trek does do 'Submarine episodes' very well. Mark Lenard was brilliant as the Romulan Commander, and it was good to see Spock advocating a violent response when logic called for it.
Agreed 100%. Lenard was great in that ep.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I especially liked his speech at the end.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I've always admired Picards cool headedness in the episode "The Defector", and taken it as an example of his superiority over Kirks way of doing things.

However, Kirk holds the same responsibility in this episode and is equally impressive - although he does have Yeoman Rand to hold :)

Does make me wonder how Picard and Kirk would have acted in each others place.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Picard would've held a redhead? :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
jnadreth

Post by jnadreth »

If you think about it Kirk would have the best attitude for dealing with the Klingons (The main Enemy of the time) as they are as equally aggressive while Picards level-headedness served him well while dealing with the Romulans who prefer a more subtle and devious approach which Picard could counter without having to blow them out of the sky like he did when Admiral Jarok defected and he had the kilngons de-cloak to make Tomolak think twice. Kirk would have been blown away if he was in command during that situation.
"I have a starship, now I'm heading through a wormhole to a galaxy very far away and in the distant past"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think that's what makes Kirk's performance in "BoT" as impressive as it was.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
jnadreth

Post by jnadreth »

True, True no arguement from me. I wonder how well Kirk would have dealt with the Borg??? I reckon a bit better than Picard as he would have shot the first Borg to beam onto Enterprise therefore they would not get to analyse the ship until the drones adapted-even then Kirk would be able to see that physical attacks still work and would either lunge at them or gets one of Sulu's .38 caliber hanguns.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Or get Spock to walk to upto one and say "Is that Species 8472 over there?", then give him the Vulcan neck pinch when he looks over his shoulder.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Does the neck pinch work on the borg?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.