Fidel Castro steps down

In the real world
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Now hypothetically speaking, if I were China wanting to invade the US, I'd take Cuba, parking a military force there for 'protection' and bide my time. Then when they don't expect it I launch a similtanious attack on both coasts, and setting up bases on newly claimed land in the continental US. Then I'd make it a land battle, and if things begin looking bad, I'll invite Russia to join the battle.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Exactly, no one would expect it. It would be like if England invaded Europe
Do you expect them to pull out equipment and capability they don't have and will likely never have from their ass?
Which part of "they don't have the means to reach the US from China" was unclear? The Chinese just about have the amphibious capability to invade Taiwan, if they got lucky. They have nothing even approaching the capability to launch a trans-Pacific invasion.
They might be able to land on Taiwan if all the islands defenses just up and vanished. Even then they'd have to put troops on frieghters and liners to get enough over to avoid being swamped by the civvies on the island.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Now hypothetically speaking, if I were China wanting to invade the US, I'd take Cuba, parking a military force there for 'protection' and bide my time. Then when they don't expect it I launch a similtanious attack on both coasts, and setting up bases on newly claimed land in the continental US. Then I'd make it a land battle, and if things begin looking bad, I'll invite Russia to join the battle.
Whatever your smoking, can you share it with the board?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:Exactly, no one would expect it. It would be like if England invaded Europe
Do you expect them to pull out equipment and capability they don't have and will likely never have from their ass?
Wait...are we talking England or China?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Wait...are we talking England or China?
Both.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Now hypothetically speaking, if I were China wanting to invade the US, I'd take Cuba, parking a military force there for 'protection' and bide my time. Then when they don't expect it I launch a similtanious attack on both coasts, and setting up bases on newly claimed land in the continental US. Then I'd make it a land battle, and if things begin looking bad, I'll invite Russia to join the battle.
I'd rather rely on the US electing a Communist President and subsequently asking to be annexed by China. It's got a better chance of succeeding.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Whatever your smoking, can you share it with the board?
I said hypothetically. I'd start off sending ships with relief supplies, and troops to 'assist' Cuba. This is of coarse after my equivilent of the CIA assasinates the leader.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Now hypothetically speaking, if I were China wanting to invade the US
And that's where this whole thing falls apart:
China cannot invade the US and succeed. They have neither the numbers nor the technology to do so.
Clear?
I'd take Cuba, parking a military force there for 'protection' and bide my time.
And exactly how are you going to take Cuba at all? The locals aren't going to invite you in, and you have a large chance of the US stepping in to stop you. Let's not forget that the US could simply blockade the island, as they did in the Cold War, and prevent you getting anything there.
Then when they don't expect it I launch a similtanious attack on both coasts,
How would you get troops to the west coast? China barely has enough landing craft to reach Taiwan, which is just off the coast of China. Do you really think they can cross the Pacific Ocean?
and setting up bases on newly claimed land in the continental US.
Which will get blown to pieces by airstrikes within minutes.
Assuming, of course, you last long enough to set up these bases at all.
Then I'd make it a land battle,
That's an even worse scenario than simply spamming the US with nukes. The US army would massacre Chinese forces in conventional warfare.
Heck, I'd put my money on the National Guard being able to cause havock against the Chinese.
and if things begin looking bad, I'll invite Russia to join the battle.
And why the heck would Russia get involved in a hopless battle? They'd be more likely to ally with the US, and sieze China.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I said hypothetically.
Good. Because your scenario is just as realistic as my earlier example of Korea invading the US.
I'd start off sending ships with relief supplies, and troops to 'assist' Cuba.
Yeah, because the inhabitants or the US aren't going to mind this at all. :roll:
This is of coarse after my equivilent of the CIA assasinates the leader.
If several hundred CIA trained soldiers couldn't take down Castro, I don't have much hopes of Chinese troops taking out his succesor.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
This is of coarse after my equivilent of the CIA assasinates the leader.
If several hundred CIA trained soldiers couldn't take down Castro, I don't have much hopes of Chinese troops taking out his succesor.
Well, I'd go there and do it myself if I had to. "No mister Cuban president that's not a gun in my pocket. I just like you that much. Oops, I guess it was a gun. Sorry, my bad. Don't worry I will fix this by making Cuba stronger then ever."

Like I said, I'd bide my time if I had to. I'm only 19 right now, I can wait a decade or two to build up my forces. By the time I pull it off you'd probably all be dead by then from old age.

But we're talking about a world where I rule China. Like any of this will ever happen.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
I said hypothetically. I'd start off sending ships with relief supplies, and troops to 'assist' Cuba. This is of coarse after my equivilent of the CIA assasinates the leader.
If your going this far it's just become a China circlejerk. What is the obsession with China on the net anyways? I'm no fan of the US but China is basically the US but with more opression.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Because it's the next superpower I expect. With the US is in decline, and China and India on their way up people are seeing which way the wind is blowing, and trying to display this knowledge by expressing pro-China opinions in discussions like this. At least that's my take on it.

Unfortunately some people apparently don't recognise that being the next superpower does not mean it's a superpower now.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:What is the obsession with China on the net anyways? I'm no fan of the US but China is basically the US but with more opression.
They're also the only one that has the chance and possible motive at fighting the US. They'll be crushed without one heck of a stratagy, but the only one with a real chance and lasting very long or having the motivation.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:Because it's the next superpower I expect. With the US is in decline, and China and India on their way up people are seeing which way the wind is blowing, and trying to display this knowledge by expressing pro-China opinions in discussions like this. At least that's my take on it.

Unfortunately some people apparently don't recognise that being the next superpower does not mean it's a superpower now.
I'm kinda curious as to where these countries are going to get the resources (notably oil) to become First World countries. Even if we grant that they could elevate, the US has the most powerful military in the world and provided they keep it up, they will be untouchable. This calls to mind the naval race between Germany and Great Britain prior to WWI and WWII, try as they might Germany couldn't get an advantage because Great Britain was to far ahead.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote: They're also the only one that has the chance and possible motive at fighting the US. They'll be crushed without one heck of a stratagy, but the only one with a real chance and lasting very long or having the motivation.
They better invest more money in ICBM's then because in the extremely unlikely event that they could ever conquer the US, they'd just be blasted into the stone age before acheiving victory.