Delta Mission Comments and Discussion

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Delta Mission Comments and Discussion

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:Reliant, give me some insight into your Cardassian characters personality. Mikey, give me something on Grr'elk too. I'm floundering here.
On Grr'lek: Caitians are in general more thoughtful and introspective and less impulsive and violent than humans, and Grr'lek's no exception. He's rather quiet; not unfriendly as such, he just believes in an extreme economy of words - he never says anything when nothing needs to be said, and never says in 10 words what he can say in three. Many take this to be aloofness, and they're not entirely wrong - he is a feline, after all. He has an extreme loyalty to Mikey, based on Mikey's faith in him and help in placing Grr'lek more than once.

Currently, he is struggling a bit with his return to Federation culture after so long among the Romulans on Alba Longa (the new Romulan capital world.) He feels - correcty - that he has inadvertently adopted a fair bit of a Romulan mindset, and is still feels a little "at sea" with his new responsibility.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Reliant121 wrote:If we were doing a new design I'd see something like a squatted Sovereign with a through deck, like a Sovereign/Akira. If it were an old design, I can't see it going on a GCS myself, I naturally think of it going on a Nebula.
I could see something like the uprated Nova from "Endgame" (yes, I dare mention it :P). Keep the hull form/shape but upscale it (if necessary) so we can fit an appreciable through-deck hanger. It's relatively solid, small profile, and lacks the dangerous, probably easily-severed catamaran/warp nacelle combo of the Akira.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

The through-deck carriers aside, if the shuttle bay has't been compromised yet on the Daystrom, some access points could be blocked by physical barriers and any left shuttles could use their weapons in a sweeping anti-personnel manner, or even just provide shielding while the crew still present uses their own arms. Just to hold off. Any damage done would be inflicted on a ship lost for now, and would hinder the invaders at least a bit.
Also, with this ship lost, evacuating may also mean to sabotage as much as they can to slow the intruders down in getting the ship into shape.

Would the Daystrom crew come up with these things after years under W'Trisk and the like? Or at least stamp out the over-pacifist stance?
If the invaders encountered look human, they don't have to be human, just humanoid of enough resemblance to look and feel human to Mikey.

As for the New Orleans, the ship must have changed allegiance before 2 weeks, assuming a terminus ante quem of the DITL site figures of maximum cruise and each sector being 20 lightyears. The destruction with all hands could be faked by leaving fake debris or having no debris at all.
I have some qualms though. If the invaders use the prefix codes to override all systems, shouldn't they have known it would take over self-destruction as well?

As for the possible course of actions, a small tip: Autists can shut down emotions, or suppress them for some time, and with it several things they wouldn't do usually. It just lashes back later on.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

shran wrote:The through-deck carriers aside, if the shuttle bay has't been compromised yet on the Daystrom, some access points could be blocked by physical barriers and any left shuttles could use their weapons in a sweeping anti-personnel manner, or even just provide shielding while the crew still present uses their own arms. Just to hold off. Any damage done would be inflicted on a ship lost for now, and would hinder the invaders at least a bit.
Also, with this ship lost, evacuating may also mean to sabotage as much as they can to slow the intruders down in getting the ship into shape.
I touched on the location of the hangar being an advantage, but we're not saving any shuttles for defensive purposes; get 'em loaded and get 'em away. Mikey's not intending on playing any games of chance with his crew's lives. True sabotage is impossible with the current computer situation, but we did disable the tactical systems at least.
shran wrote:If the invaders encountered look human, they don't have to be human, just humanoid of enough resemblance to look and feel human to Mikey.
True, though Mikey's been immersed in humanity for a long time. However, only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men...
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

:lol: Very nice, Reliant. I'm afraid it appears that Mikey's been a bad influence on the people around him.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote::lol: Very nice, Reliant. I'm afraid it appears that Mikey's been a bad influence on the people around him.
And then Lewis will roll his eyes in an exasperated manner, feeling all guilty-like and charge into battle with only 1 working torpedo tube. :)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Not true. He has the aft tube working normally, and the fore tube "McDuff'd" (a new adjective for the Ravage). Of course, I'm working on a Ravage post now, then a Daystrom, THEN a Paladin........and while I'm creative, maybe even an Aegis (for the Enterprise RP).

By the way gang, anyone posting about going toe to toe with these guys (unless your a species much stronger than human) is gonna get they're asses whipped. A firefight is fine, but even Cmdr Mark (a master martial artist and much stronger than anybody else thanks to growing up on a high G world) would have a tough time surviving a hand to hand encounter.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mikey got outmaneuvered, and he's considerably more physically able than a typical human. To be fair, though, he also has what humans would call "anger management issues." An Andorian would call those issues "a normal day."
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I thought Mikey's dance was just about on target. Andorians should be at least a closer match (or closer than anyone else aside from Vulcans maybe)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok....I need somebody to write up the Ravage's "fightoff" of the Wild Bill. Remember, she's only got eight enhanced torpedoes in the forward tube. Nothing else. We can damage the Wild Bill bad enough that it needs to withdraw, knock out weapons, or whatever, but she needs to be able to escape into warp with the Daystrom.

Second, in Holmes' post I mentioned the Daystrom jumping into warp, but if someone wants to elaborate on that, please do.

I've brought the Paladin into its skirmish with the Gegs, and introduced a familiar face. Ultimately, we're going to rescue the crew, (and her Captain included) but the fate of the Farseer herself is in your creative hands. I've started the battle, and I welcome anyone to finish it. Remember, the Gegs use railguns with neutronium bullets and "canonballs" designed to increase mass just before impact, to we'll be dealing with KE and Kinetic Damage. Our torps will have about 20% effectiveness against the Gegs (their hulls are so dense, the explosion is redirected away from the ship. In this case phasers are better. Standard phasers will hit with about half strength, and sort of "skim" the surface. Pulse phasers will do better, but the phase lance is the heavy hitter and will be our most effective weapon.

Thoughts?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I don't mind writing it in, but I need some direction to what the battle between the Paladin and the Gegs is meant to turn out like. That is of course if you want me to write it.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'll PM you with the details, little bro. 8)
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Much appreciated, boss.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hey, Mark - congrats on your promotion! :P
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lol, and I didn't even get a pay raise!

Reliant, can you edit your post to reflect that CAPTAIN Fletcher is the Captain of the Paladin, and COMMANDER Mark is the First Officer?

Otherwise, that was friggin' awesome.