News on next STXI Trailer

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Re: News on next STXI Trailer

Post by Grundig »

Tomalok was killed by Geordi and Ro Laren in "The Next Phase." He got unceremoniously booted through the E-D's bulkhead during their phased chase through the ship. A pretty awesome sequence, if you ask me. Which you didn't.

Ideally, Sela could have definitely been better than Shinzon. But Denise Crosby didn't strike me as a particularly capable actress, to be honest. I do like the idea of bringing back a good adversary - that's what makes Khan one of the best adversaries in the bidness. That and his awesome accent, which is decidedly un-middle-eastern, but still oh-so-evil. And the idea of examining the fate of the Enterprise C would be great, too.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

47 warbirds...? Seems excessive...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Grundig wrote:Tomalok was killed by Geordi and Ro Laren in "The Next Phase." He got unceremoniously booted through the E-D's bulkhead during their phased chase through the ship. A pretty awesome sequence, if you ask me. Which you didn't.
That wasn't Tomalok - it was just some nameless Romulan. Tomalok showed up again in the "now" bit of AGT.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:47 warbirds...? Seems excessive...
Like I said, a post-Nemesis Romulan warship should make short work of a pre-TOS fleet. I don't think it's so excessive.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Its not so much the destructive power so much as just the power.

TOS always gave the impression of a considerably small number of ships in space than DS9 did.

A force of 47 ships seems really large.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:A force of 47 ships seems really large.
Maybe it is. It could be a significant portion of the Klingon fleet. Alternate universe, remember? :)

Anyways, from the trailer, Nero's ship is the size of a starbase. One would assume that the Klingons would send everything available at it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The 47 Warbirds could easily have been some sort of invasion fleet.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Its still a LOT of ships.

The M5 only had 5 in it (i think) and the Klingons only sent 3 ships to take on V'ger. We never see anything even coming close to 47 ships and V'ger was a much bigger threat (And happened latter in the time line when more ships would probably be around).

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The M5 was only a prototype at that time, and the Klingons may not have had any more ships able to reach V'ger in time.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

apart from ENT 'Broken Bow', 'klingon warbirds' has never been mentioned in any of the series,has it?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Just saw the trailer...OH. MY. :Drool1: :Drool2: :Drool1: :Drool2: :Drool1: :Drool2: :Drool1: :Drool2: :Drool1: :Drool2:

Wow. Good to know Corvette's are still driven around, but why did he have to drive that beautiful car off a cliff!? Give that boy a spanking!
And when I saw the cop, all I could think about was, "I am Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan!" with Van Halen music blaring in McFly's eardrums.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

We don't know how fast V'Ger was going, but I don't find it too hard to believe that the Klingons could only reach it with three ships. In fact we could speculate that the three were a single patrol group that happened to be close to V'Ger's course when it passed through, rather than being a battle fleet specifically gathered to attack the cloud. And that would be in line with the group of three D7s (or two D7s and a Warbird in the remastered version!) that the Enterprise walked into as soon as it crossed the Neutral Zone into Romulan space in The Enterprise Incident.

And if routine border patrols are done with three cruisers, I find it eminently believable that there are hundreds in total.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm just curious how a pre-TOS Enterprise is going to stop a post-Nemises anything..................
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Kirk will find a way. He's just that awesome! :)

Seriously, what I hope is that it's not some lame "retune the phaser frequencies to :Q " rubbish. Let it be a trick, or a clever twist, or something character related.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Krik could seduce Nero and give Trek the gay character they have always wanted...