What have ships done without warp cores?

Voyager
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Or, just go flying off to meet a powerful foe with unquantified abilities, while ensuring you have no means of securing assistance.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Duskofdead wrote:NOW you're onto the real mistake they made, haha. I was reserving that criticism but yes, no matter how much of a hurry they were in, they shouldn't have flown into something that would cut off all contact with the outisde.
Seriously. Couldn't the damn sector 1045 fleet have met them somewhere besides the other side of 'ambush alley'?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Gods, I hated that bit.
"Hey guys! I got a great idea! Since we're being chased by an invisible super-ship that we can't possibly beat on our own, let's go straight into this nebula that stops comms from working so the reinforcements won't have a clue what's going on. Good thing the fleet commanders are so retarded they never bother to wonder why we go in and then not come out again....."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:Gods, I hated that bit.
"Hey guys! I got a great idea! Since we're being chased by an invisible super-ship that we can't possibly beat on our own, let's go straight into this nebula that stops comms from working so the reinforcements won't have a clue what's going on. Good thing the fleet commanders are so retarded they never bother to wonder why we go in and then not come out again....."
I hate that there was no reasoning even given for that bonehead move.

Like I said, coudn't the fleet have assembled on the other side of the damn nebula?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Rochey wrote:Gods, I hated that bit.
Dude. They were taking their replicated tea break. Cut some slack!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

See, if it had been Janeway under attack, the fleet might've thought she had stopped to take detailed scans of the nebula, but this is Picard, man! Someone should've noticed a problem when he didn't show up on time.
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Sat May 17, 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Why was the fleet sitting still? They could've meet up faster if they flew towards Picard.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Why was the fleet sitting still? They could've meet up faster if they flew towards Picard.
Exactly. That bit of crap writing is a glaring example of the lack of thought or effort put into the script.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Mikey wrote:Writers ex machina?
Sort of, but with the prone to popping panels and conduits it actually makes sense.

As to the phasers at 4% possibly the wounded tap system couldn't keep up, or the ship could have had 96 of the phasers damaged/offline.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

stitch626 wrote:The only things I really liked about Generations was... the E-B (pretty) and the score.
I liked Kirk and Picard talking a bit in the Nexus, too.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Tsukiyumi wrote:See, if it had been Janeway under attack, the fleet might've thought she had stopped to take detailed scans of the nebula, but this is Picard, man! Someone should've noticed a problem when he didn't show up on time.
He was just as bad and then some. ;)

"Captain Picard, I don't need to remind you how URGENTLY Proxima VIII needs those supplies..."

"Hmm.... I can't quite put my finger on it, Number One, but something here isn't as it seems. Let's put off Proxima VIII for the time being until we get to the bottom of what's going on here.."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Tsukiyumi wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:Why was the fleet sitting still? They could've meet up faster if they flew towards Picard.
Exactly. That bit of crap writing is a glaring example of the lack of thought or effort put into the script.
That would've been more interesting and realistic then the two cannon fodder Romulan ships showing up
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:
That would've been more interesting and realistic then the two cannon fodder Romulan ships showing up
That's disruptor fodder... :)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Duskofdead wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote: Exactly. That bit of crap writing is a glaring example of the lack of thought or effort put into the script.
:lol:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Duskofdead wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote: Exactly. That bit of crap writing is a glaring example of the lack of thought or effort put into the script.
Six of one, a half-dozen of the other. They only had Romulan ships show up to set up the "new era of cooperation" theme.