Ship nits on main site

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ship nits on main site

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Found a new hobby, Stitch? :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yep. I'm bored and am procrastinating on my homework.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tsk, tsk. No need for that, unless it's absurdly boring to you, and/or something you don't need to know.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

4 x 2nd class photon torpedo tube with 120 rounds
The 4 is yellow. This is for the E-A. From what I remember, the E-A had only two torpedo launchers. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

You have this in the specs for the type 7 shuttle:
Armament : , total output 200 TeraWatts
Don't know what is missing.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

You give this as the armament of the type 10 shuttle:
2 x Type IV phaser bank
yet we can see two arrays on the nacelles.

BTW, I don't mean any disrespect by going on this mad nit finding binge, I just needed something to do, and the forum isn't active much this weekend.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

You give the Travel pod this performance
Impulse only : Max Impulse Speed : 0.01 x c
Atmospheric Cruise (Mach) : 2
Atmospheric Max (Mach) : 4
I would think that the travel pod would be sub-impulse, since it only had thrusters, which you later state.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

stitch626 wrote:In the Scimitar notes section, many paragraphs have this at the end
#2009}
I have no idea what it means. :?
Ah, that's a reference without correct formatting. References look like {this is the text you see.#number} where #number tells the system what reference to use. I've just fixed those issues, and as you can see the #2009} is gone and those paragraphs are yellow and referenced to Star Trek : Nemesis, which is reference #2009.

Please ignore the man behind the curtain :)
email, ergo spam
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

In the Galor pictures section, the picture with this text:
A Galor taking a beating from Klingon ships. The ship was destroyed moments later.
is a Keldon, not a Galor.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

It's also not being attacked by Klingons - it's being hit by the Defiant's pulse phasers.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

On the Dominion Attack Ship pictures page, the picture with this text
Another dorsal view, highlighting the nacelles.
is actually of the ventral view.

And this one
A view of the rear ventral surface.
is of the dorsal surface.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I noticed that in the Constellation starship section, the USS Hathaway is listed as destroyed in Peak Performance. I don't remember the ship being destroyed. Are you sure about that one???
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I believe your right Mark. I can't believe I missed that.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Further with the Constellation page, you list the length as 231m and your Reference seems to be taken from the Encyclopedia which you scaled it from. You then say that non-Canon sources give a size of 315m. However we do have a Cannon reference to the size of the ship from "The Battle" when the E-D is towing Stargazer, in fact you have the pic in the Constellation pictures page. In the picture the Constellation appears much closer to the E-D in terms of size than the Information listed under size would suggest and when you look at the Size Comparison page between the Galaxy and Constellation it appears very different to what was seen on screen.

As to the Hathaway I think they destroyed it in the end to get rid of the Ferengi or some such.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

KuvahMagh wrote:As to the Hathaway I think they destroyed it in the end to get rid of the Ferengi or some such.
No they didn't - they used a Picard Manoeuvre-esque trick to fool the Ferengi into thinking the Hathaway had been destroyed, by detonating a torpedo right in front of it while the ship made a short-range warp jump behind a nearby planet. From the Ferengi's persepective it appeared that that the ship had been destroyed.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.