"Get it on," says the Pope. Discussion about pop

In the real world
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:
And I think it would be an excelent idea for people to undergo 'parenting classes'. I mean, some people who have kids I wouldn't trust with a burnt out match. Let alone a life.
That part is dead on. But I can't in good conscience espouse a mandate for other people which I wouldn't want applied to me.
Well you'd have to take the same test too. Only difference is more than likely you'd pass it whereas my neighbors wouldn't :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :wink:

By "mandate," however, I was referring to a state-issued moratorium on children per family.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Such a thing might become needed on the near future, but can you imagine the uproar if they tried to implement it? As much sense as it may make, there is no way in hell such a law would ever be passed. And even if it was, do you think people are really going to obey it?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Oh I agree they wouldn't be able to impliment it until it was too late. But its still a good idea ;)