MIB

Everything else
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

MIB

Post by Monroe »

So I was watching MIB today on Spike TV and the bug, who's species is just called a bug, gets insulted terribly when someone kills an insect in his presence. However he's stolen a minature Galaxy, which doesn't make sense either, and if its not returned Earth will be destroyed which will kill ALL bugs on the Earth. So tell me, how does that make sense? There's very little in the MIB universe that does. What do you guys think about that universe?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: MIB

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:So I was watching MIB today on Spike TV and the bug, who's species is just called a bug, gets insulted terribly when someone kills an insect in his presence. However he's stolen a minature Galaxy, which doesn't make sense either, and if its not returned Earth will be destroyed which will kill ALL bugs on the Earth. So tell me, how does that make sense? There's very little in the MIB universe that does. What do you guys think about that universe?
I thought it was a funny sci-fi spoof, with little thought for details. Fun to watch, though.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Will Smith was less annoying then usual, whilst Rip Torn and Tommy Lee Jones stole all their scenes.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

kostmayer wrote:Will Smith was less annoying then usual, whilst Rip Torn and Tommy Lee Jones stole all their scenes.
Will Smith, annoying? C'mon! He's America's lovable hip-hop bad boy! :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I thought Smith was trite and hackneyed in MIB. Looking forward to seeing him in Hancock, though. Tsu has the right of it; just a bit of light fun, not meant to stand up to 'Trek-style nit-picking.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:I thought Smith was trite and hackneyed in MIB. Looking forward to seeing him in Hancock, though. Tsu has the right of it; just a bit of light fun, not meant to stand up to 'Trek-style nit-picking.

Seriously. Micheal Jackson as an alien? We all know he's just a mentally wrecked man-boy.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Monroe wrote:So I was watching MIB today on Spike TV and the bug, who's species is just called a bug, gets insulted terribly when someone kills an insect in his presence. However he's stolen a minature Galaxy, which doesn't make sense either, and if its not returned Earth will be destroyed which will kill ALL bugs on the Earth. So tell me, how does that make sense? There's very little in the MIB universe that does. What do you guys think about that universe?
I don't remember who said this but: "1 death is a tragedy. 1,000 is a statistic." Or something to that effect.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Josef Stalin, IIRC.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Josef Stalin, IIRC.
You're a few zeros short if that's Stalin :P
I like Will Smith, I think he's a good actor as proven by the Persuit of Happyness (I think they misspelled it in the title). And his movies usually kick ass when released in July... except for that one with President Grant and the robot spider.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I like the ending when the camera zooms out and you see our galaxy is just in a set of marbles some large alien is playing with. It's meant to make you think/wonder beneath all the humor.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Edgar doesn't care about insects as a whole. But if he sees someone killing a bug he'll go nuts. So basically, if a bug dies and Edgar isn't around to hear it, it's okay.

Concerning that galaxy, I love it. All our galaxies are just a small marbles in some alien kid's pouch. Brilliant fantasy.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

You know, i allways liked the MIB Cartoon series. The first seasons, the newer ones got a little.. weird.

Plus Agent K was still alive in those ones, which rocks. Hehe.
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Jabber Swarky wrote:You know, i allways liked the MIB Cartoon series. The first seasons, the newer ones got a little.. weird.

Plus Agent K was still alive in those ones, which rocks. Hehe.
Yeah I really liked the cartoon show. You could tell they tried to expand the universe a lot and have some depth. Just like the Aladin cartoon series (one of my favorites) you had repeating villains and heroes that weren't even in the movie.

-Remain Star Trek-