I wonder...

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: I wonder...

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:If a new codex is coming out, I guess that means that the DE aren't going the way of the squat in 5th ed.

I'm pretty sure that GW isn't going to change anything until they've wrung every last dollar out of the universe. There's an extensive thread on SDN discussing the new edition and I find myself in agreement with the WH40K diehards: nothing has really changed.

Take a look and judge for yourself.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Eh. To much just chatter for me to read that thread further.

For more concise info see
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2585726

I consider the changes "notable" certainly people will be getting out the pliers to redo vehicle weapon configurations, many existing armies will just not be the same.

I think a big big big change is that gunlines are going to be trickier. Or at least will have to move up. The infiltrate from the edge thing means that against such armies that back foot is a killzone. Especially since many infiltrators have move through cover. Deepstrike sounds a little safer, which will also make life harder for gunlines.

As for my mobile Eldar it really remains to be seen. Lots of stuff will take a while to feel out. Like harlies.

Minus Rending now worse.
Plus Sounds like we'll be able to stick them in a wave serpent now. At least some guardians wave serpent.

And Falcons
minus Don't get the skimmer moving fast rule, sounds like may not get to fire all weapons and get the cover save
Plus Is the cover save option, and the armor table sounds less deadly, hence the reroll will still be important

And so on.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I have to agree with you there, Kendall.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"