Episode 4X07 "Guess What's Coming to Dinner"

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Episode 4X07 "Guess What's Coming to Dinner"

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Gotta say, probably the best episode this series. The chaos of the Basestar's arrival, and the suddenness of it jumping out (where did it go?) was a great opening and ending to this episode. Hopefully next week we get to see a space battle again.

Also, Gaeta has a great voice.

5/5 from me. Keep it up, writers!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The "resurrection hub" bothers me a bit... the idea of a whole species having one great weak point always seems contrived.

It's like the "We killed the mother creature and all the rest died" that sci-fi is always doing. You end up thinking "Jeez, not much of a species there if killing one kills all!"

I know losing the hub won't kill the Cylons, but it still seems like a weakness. Why not have a backup? Why not have fifty backups for that matter?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think the ressurection ships are supposed to be the back-ups.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

No, it is clearly stated that the hub is what allows the ships to function. If and when the hub is destroyed, the entire Cylon race loses their ability to download there and then.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh, right.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Episode 4X07 "Guess What's Coming to Dinner"

Post by Deepcrush »

But that doesn't kill the race off. That just means that each copy of each model can only die once. It makes them mortal.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Re:

Post by Duskofdead »

GrahamKennedy wrote:The "resurrection hub" bothers me a bit... the idea of a whole species having one great weak point always seems contrived.

It's like the "We killed the mother creature and all the rest died" that sci-fi is always doing. You end up thinking "Jeez, not much of a species there if killing one kills all!"

I know losing the hub won't kill the Cylons, but it still seems like a weakness. Why not have a backup? Why not have fifty backups for that matter?
It's not a weakness. It's an artficial, technologically created unnatural advantage. There's a difference.