The imprisonemnt of "Quinn"

Voyager
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The imprisonemnt of "Quinn"

Post by Mikey »

I think I understand what you're saying, but then we become limited in our ability to talk about it - our metrics for "duration" separately and for time itself are the same.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The imprisonemnt of "Quinn"

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:I think I understand what you're saying, but then we become limited in our ability to talk about it - our metrics for "duration" separately and for time itself are the same.
Only because we aren't traveling around the universe or space-time. And we might have different words. We have words for movement in the 4th dimension. I'll see if I can dig up what they are but I learned about the two words when I was reading one of Mikio Kaku's books. Brilliant man, well in the 1920s or so people were obsessed with the concept and worked out things like what a 4d square shadow would look like, or a 4d square unfolded (i.e. a square is a cube's shadow and a cross is a cube unfolded). And in the '20s they came up with words that mean 'left' and 'right' through the 4th dimension.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-