How would Starfleet deal with...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: How would Starfleet deal with...

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Teaos wrote:Batman.
Batman, in canon, never has beaten Superman.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Meh. Just kidnap his human girlfriend and order him to stand down. It always works.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Not to be snarky but aren't we bordering on "My universe is better than yours"? And Q.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:Can he withstand the sort of firepower required to lay waste to a planet? Can he travel equal to or faster than 9000c? If the answer is "no", then he's lost.
Depends on what era. Superman in the 1930's and 1940's for example was able to take bullets without being scathed, but a shell from a 88 mm would hurt him. In the 1950's, Superman's powers skyrocketed, first he became invulnerable to nukes and then to planetary destructions, as well as outracing Flash (who could get up to 9000 c using the Speed Force). 1960's got even MORE insane, as Superboy, he was able to pull a *galaxy's* worth of planets out of a dying galaxy into a fresh, new galaxy. This is also the era where, with just a *sneeze*, he could blow out a star, and use his Heat Vision to reignite it. 70's continued the trend but at a much lower rate. 80's marked the death of 'WTF' Superman, with the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline. Superman's past was rebooted and he was depowered. He was still invulnerable to most things, but fresh after COIE, a nuke would have killed him. He steadily gained power through the 90's and 2000's. In 'Our World's At War', he was able to take Warworld's entire arsenal without being scratched, survive an Imperiex Probe explosion (which was able to kill Aquaman, Maxima, etc in seperate battles), which are so massive, most of the continental United States were damaged.

Yeah that's why I never got into Superman. He was too powerful. Too strong. Heroes need weakenesses and Kryptonite just doesn't cut it.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Monroe wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:Can he withstand the sort of firepower required to lay waste to a planet? Can he travel equal to or faster than 9000c? If the answer is "no", then he's lost.
Depends on what era. Superman in the 1930's and 1940's for example was able to take bullets without being scathed, but a shell from a 88 mm would hurt him. In the 1950's, Superman's powers skyrocketed, first he became invulnerable to nukes and then to planetary destructions, as well as outracing Flash (who could get up to 9000 c using the Speed Force). 1960's got even MORE insane, as Superboy, he was able to pull a *galaxy's* worth of planets out of a dying galaxy into a fresh, new galaxy. This is also the era where, with just a *sneeze*, he could blow out a star, and use his Heat Vision to reignite it. 70's continued the trend but at a much lower rate. 80's marked the death of 'WTF' Superman, with the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline. Superman's past was rebooted and he was depowered. He was still invulnerable to most things, but fresh after COIE, a nuke would have killed him. He steadily gained power through the 90's and 2000's. In 'Our World's At War', he was able to take Warworld's entire arsenal without being scratched, survive an Imperiex Probe explosion (which was able to kill Aquaman, Maxima, etc in seperate battles), which are so massive, most of the continental United States were damaged.

Yeah that's why I never got into Superman. He was too powerful. Too strong. Heroes need weakenesses and Kryptonite just doesn't cut it.
Superman *did* get weaker in the Byrne era, and there's always Animated Superman.

Plus, Superman can be hurt.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

they'd replicate some kryptonite or introduce him to the borg. pretty simple really.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

MetalHead wrote:they'd replicate some kryptonite or introduce him to the borg. pretty simple really.
Or just beam him and clear the buffers. Not that they ever think of that though.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Monroe wrote:
MetalHead wrote:they'd replicate some kryptonite or introduce him to the borg. pretty simple really.
Or just beam him and clear the buffers. Not that they ever think of that though.
I some how fail to see how a Type-3 phaser set on maximum wouldn't vaporize him or atleast damage him but whatever lol
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

MetalHead wrote:
Monroe wrote:
I some how fail to see how a Type-3 phaser set on maximum wouldn't vaporize him or atleast damage him but whatever lol
He flies in and out of space and doesn't even look pained at reentering the Earth.

-Remain Star Trek-
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Monroe wrote:
I some how fail to see how a Type-3 phaser set on maximum wouldn't vaporize him or atleast damage him but whatever lol[/quote]

He flies in and out of space and doesn't even look pained at reentering the Earth.[/quote]
Not to mention the fact he can take nukes to the face without dying. Metal Head, do some more research on Superman.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The Borg be owned by a Superman level being.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

well fair play, but its still pretty simple

replicate some kryptonite or beam him up and clear the buffer, lol.

Booze and Strippers!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Ensign, fire Kryptonite torpedoes!"
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Rochey wrote:"Ensign, fire Kryptonite torpedoes!"
:D
I'm sure the guy from that other site included those as part of the (16km :lol: ) Soveriegn class arsenal.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

This is a versus thread and off topic. By all means have a "who is the most powerful Marvel/DC/Whatever superhero" thread, but no cross-universe stuff please.

I admit, I was tempted to let this go because it reads more like a parody of versus debates than anything. :) But I'm not getting into a "well you let that one go so why lock this one?" situation.

Locked.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...