Series 4 thread

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Series 4 thread

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Why has there been absolutely no discussion about the new series here? :?
Anyway, here's a thread where we can discuss the final series of nBSG.

In celebration, I have changed my sig. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Am a great fan of the show.

I have to say, Nana Visitor has let herself go rather. Was never that enamored of her, but she did have a butt to rival that of Counselor Troi.

But back to the original topic.

Is Starbuck the last Cylon?

Will Gaeta lose his leg?

Will Tom Cruise steal the hybrid?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That would be rather ironic.
Personaly, I'm hoping the whole "you're leading them to destruction" bit will come true. Starbuck's really started to annoy me these last couple of seasons.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Yeah me too.

Maybe they could bring back Dirk Benedict.

Also - poor Cally :(
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, poor Cally. :(

On another note, is anyone else noticing a lack of Admiral Adama in the last few episodes? He turned up briefly at the end of Faith, but I think that's the first I saw of him in the last three weeks. :?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

kostmayer wrote:Maybe they could bring back Dirk Benedict.
Or Patrick Macnee. :)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:
That would be rather ironic.
Personaly, I'm hoping the whole "you're leading them to destruction" bit will come true. Starbuck's really started to annoy me these last couple of seasons.
I thought it was "you're leading them to their end".

But I don't think the hybrid specified who Starbuck was leading in any case. And I think it's pretty certain that Starbuck isn't the last cylon.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Whats the new sparkly ship she returned in all about?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

They haven't explained that part yet. Maybe she did find one hell of a body shop. :lol:
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: Series 4 thread

Post by kostmayer »

Halfway through episode 10.

Just a guess but, I think the last cylon is the ship.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

kostmayer wrote:Halfway through episode 10.

Just a guess but, I think the last cylon is the ship.
The Galactica, or Starbuck's viper?

Given that she said four of them were in the fleet(or something to that effect) that may mean that the last cylon would be on the Cylon ship.

I'd love to know what the deal is with Earth being in ruins.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

What happened to Cally?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:What happened to Cally?
Callandra Tyrol? She got vented out an airlock.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote: Callandra Tyrol? She got vented out an airlock.
Well there goes any lingering desire I had to watch this abortion, too bad. It started out great.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

The last episode is supposed to be the mid-season cliffhanger not to be concluded until 2009.

The area the landing party arrives at appears to be the Brooklyn side of New York City. The landing party is next to a broad river and across that river to the left is a wide bay. The other shore appears to be the edge of Lower Manhattan with a destroyed skyline of buildings. The camera pans to the right over what is ostensibly the East River until the last two seconds of the episode where at the far right edge of the screen stands a wrecked structure with a heavily abbreviated roadway. It appears to be the East Tower (Brooklyn side) of the Brooklyn Bridge. However, it should be noted that the information on this is incomplete. For instance, many speculations as to the gas giant that Kara Thrace sees in her journey from Earth (as first explained in "He That Believeth In Me") claimed that the giant was Jupiter, when this was later disproved.

There are still several questions:

Is Number Three honest in her claim that there are only four of the Final Five in the Fleet? If so, where is the fifth and last Cylon? If she's lying, is it because she still harbors distrust for her compatriots and the humans?
What of the other Twos, Fours, and Fives?
What happened to Earth?
Will the other Cylons find the Fleet and the rebels, as well as Earth? If so, will they finish what they started?