Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Battle 360

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Anyone else watch this?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Watched it once, an episode involving the Enterprise after the Japanese thought they sank her. Must have thought it was the Enterprise's ghost risen from Davy Jones' locker. Caught them off guard, but one of her elevators was still off line preventing pilots from landing during battle operations.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Unfortunately, I don't have cable or satellite TV. Sounds interesting, though.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Definitely try to watch it whenever it comes on. it's an excellent show, and they should release a DVD Box set for the series.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I thought it was odd that there are two Aircraft Carrier tv shows on at the same time. "Battle 360" is having it's 8 (?) episode run on the Enterprise and "Carrier" with it's 10 episode run on the Nimitz.

Unlike Carrier, I do not know how much "propaganda" is involved in this 360 presentation. They really make it sound like the Americans squashed the Japanese at every turn. They barely mention the American losses (they do mention them, but in passing) while hanging a light on every single Japanese loss.

However, the show is rather cool with the computer generated views mixed with live interviews. It is really interesting and worth the watch... but I wouldn't take it as 100% what actually happened.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Well, to be fair the Japanese kind of had their asses handed to them, and didn't have a lot of victories. At least nothing big. Most of their success came from early kills with their Zeros, and later suicide attacks.