Favorite Mixed Drink

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Space Ghost
Master chief petty officer
Master chief petty officer

Favorite Mixed Drink

Post by Space Ghost »

I'm sure most of us have sat back and had a few (or a few too many ;)). So whaddya like to mix yourself? And don't say beer! That's too easy! :D

I like a good old Captain and Coke. But if I'm feeling sophisticated, I'll mix an Amaretto Sour.
"Are you considering the strategy I'm considering?"
"The cliché is 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' And yes, I am."
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I hate beer anyway...

Ummm....

Are margarittas considered a mixed drink? That's all I've tasted so far since turning the legal age to drink alcohol (however you spell it), which is 21 years in the US.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

White Russian, although the odds of me ordering any kind of mixed drink are very minimal.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't usually get mixed drinks. If I do its ususally a coke and whatever.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I like old fashioneds, or almost anything with bourbon, but I guess my fave is a dry gin martini - up with a twist, no olive.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Quite frankly beer is disgusting. Its definitly an acquired taste. I used to drink lagers, Stella, Fosters, Carlsberg (if you drink carling you're a chav. sorry.) and what not. But it made me do mental things and eventually I stopped and my body now thinks its poison so I can't drink it.

For example: I once got hammered and wanted to make a snow angel as I'd never seen snow or made one at the time (was 2005 when this happened). So I made one. Only there was no snow so I laid in the driveway and made a 'gravel angel'

Lager? no thanks.

My favorite mixed drink is my own invention: The Sledgehammer. Its very simple. One shot of Jack Daniels, one shot of Jagemeister, coke, ice, a good stir, down your neck. Its VERY strong though.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I must say I disagree on the subject of beer. As an American, I drink it cold no matter what style (although I like my bocks and stouts somewhat warmer than pilsners etc.) and I've gotta say that I've made some weisbiers - wheat beers - in my garage that come out highly carbonated, and beat anything else when served ice cold on a hot day.

I also was induced to try something that might be like this alleged "sledgehammer" recently. It was called a Jager Bomb and consisted of a jigger of Jagermeister, two of Red Bull, skaken over ice and downed like a shot. Phreeow!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Mikey wrote:I must say I disagree on the subject of beer. As an American, I drink it cold no matter what style (although I like my bocks and stouts somewhat warmer than pilsners etc.) and I've gotta say that I've made some weisbiers - wheat beers - in my garage that come out highly carbonated, and beat anything else when served ice cold on a hot day.

I also was induced to try something that might be like this alleged "sledgehammer" recently. It was called a Jager Bomb and consisted of a jigger of Jagermeister, two of Red Bull, skaken over ice and downed like a shot. Phreeow!
Those are rough mate. I once tried Chili Vodka. Basically, an entire bottle of vodka (as in the size behind a bar) had about 6 or 7 massive chili peppers in the actual vodka. You do a shot.

...burn...
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!