My Ship Designs

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
D. Sergez
Senior chief petty officer

Post by D. Sergez »

DarkOmen wrote:Again, you should probably credit the creator of those pics you are using. As someone who has done a fair bit of modeling myself, I know how much work goes into one, especially one as well done as this.

http://www.sttff.net/valiant.html

see!! those guys even gave props to the kennedy's on the bottom of the page for using the DITL indecies system :P
Hey, Great point, I love what they are doing. That is also a great site, thanks for the link
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I have to agree. Judgeking, I am sure that the owners of the other site would be happy to know that their designs have given you inspiration but... You need to place credit for the designs with every ship bio you think up. It seems a basic thing though you should still respect the creative and intellectual rights of others. Taking an idea and adding your own thoughts and desires to it is one thing. To pass it off as your own is very much another. It may not be intent on your part but without the listing of credit to the other site we have no way to be sure.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

BC-303 Refit
Role: Tactical Cruiser
Crew: 150
Affiliation: USAF

Dimensions
Length: 375m
Width: 122m
Height: 104m

Armament
24x 469m Railguns
14x Missile Tubes with 150 MK VI Tactical Nuclear Missiles
5x Asgard Plasma Beams(3 Forward, 2 Aft)
20x Mk9 Gatebusters

Defenses
Naquadah/Trinium Double Hull
Asgard Shields

Power Plant
1x Relative Singularity Generator
1x Asgard Power Core

Propulsion
Sublight: 110,000 Mps
Asgard Hyperdrive: 100 LY/M (52,596,000c)

Other Systems
Asgard Sensors
Asgard Transporters
Cloaking Device
Ring Transporters
Tractor Beam
Ancient Forcefields

Unit Run
USAF Prometheus II
USAF Dauntless
USAF Nemesis
USAF Defender
USAF Redoutable

Notes: In 2009, Homeworld Security asked for the restarting of BC-303 Production to help bolster the fleet that was starting to grow. The first 303 that was produced was the Prometheus II which was named after the Prometheus. The refitted BC-303 was given Plasma Beams to enhance its combat capability against enemy ships. As with the Pendergast and Daedalus Classes, the refitted BC-303s recieved Ancient forcefields that were replicated from the originals. In 2010, several BC-303s were produced. 5 months later, the Lucian Alliance went to war with Earth. The BC-303s did very well against the Lucian Alliance ships, destroying them left and right just like the DSC-304s and BB-305s. With the destruction of the Lucian Alliance, a few BC-303s were sent to help destroy the Wraith. With the Wraith destroyed, Earth has just been doing nothing that would require their military capacity. These ships are currently exploring the galaxy and delivering supplies to Atlantis.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Is there some backstory for this which I am missing?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It appears to be a ship from the Stargate universe, rather than Trek.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Ah. Makes slightly more sense now.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
D. Sergez

Post by D. Sergez »

Rochey, Gratz on the promotion to Rear ADM...

and yea looks more to the Stargate universe than trek. Hint: Railguns
"Let me get this straight. You've gone to all this trouble to program a three-dimensional environment that projects a two-dimensional image and now you're asking me to wear these to make it look three-dimensional again?" - B'Elanna to Tom.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thanks.

And it was really the mention of the Asgard that made me notice it. That, and the designation of BC-303.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Black Kite Class
*Affiliation: Romulan Star Empire
*Comissioned: 2372-(class remains in production)
*Crew: 250
*Role: Strike Cruiser

Dimensions
*Length: 420m
*Width: 390m
*Height: 50m

Armament
*10 High Power Pulse Disruptors: 58,000 TW output
*5 S3 Quantum Tubes: 320

Defenses
*Auto-Modulated Shields: 3,860,000 TJ capacity
*10cm Ablative Armor
*Cloaking Device

Warp Speeds
*Normal Cruise: 7.6
*Maximum Cruise: 9.6
*Maximum Rated: 9.95 for 10 hours

History: The Black Kite was was designed for the purpose of keeping up with recent Federation and Klingon designs as well as testing the new technologies for the Norexan Class. Most of the new technology was based on the intellegence gathered by the Tal'Shiar including information on Ablative Armor, Auto-Modulated shields, Quantum Torpedoes, and Class 8 Warp Drives. With knowledge of these technologies, the Romulan fleet began making their own versions to keep up with the Federations. The new disruptors were recently made in order to take on such federation designs like the Prometheus class (which was in the planning stages at the time, so only some of the technologies of it were known). In 2372, the first set of Black Kites exited the production line and began actual testing. Few problems arose and the class entered high level production around the time of the Klingon invasion. The Romulan was placed on high alert in case the Klingons decide to expand into Romulan space. During the Dominion War, these ships served remarkably well against the Dominion with moderate losses. After the war, these ships continued high level along with the Norexan Class.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sword of Kahless Class
*Affiliation: Klingon Empire
*Comissioned: 2382-2386
*Crew: 1,400
*Role: Super Battleship

Dimensions
*Length: 1200m
*Width: 753m
*Height: 128m

Armament
*4 Mark 18 Disruptors
*6 Mark 16 Disruptors
*18 Mark 12 Disruptors: 262,000 TW output
*6 Triple Fire Photon Tubes: 2,000 rounds

Defenses
*Auto-Modulated Shields: 2,870,000 TJ capacity
*20cm High Density Armor
*Cloaking Device

Warp Speeds
*Normal Cruise: 8
*Maximum Cruise: 9.5
*Maximum Rated: 9.9 for 12 hours

History: The Sword of Kahless class was a new Klingon battleship built to serve as the new dreadnaught for the Klingon Empire. The Negh'Var class was an excellent example of Klingon firepower, but the Sword of Kahless took overkill to a whole new level. This vessel is extremely big and therefore only 2 were built in total ever. These rare ships could destroy most Alpha and Beta Quadrant ships except for the Romulan Kerchan or Federation Excalibur.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Minuteman Class
*Affiliation: United Earth
*Crew: 70
*Comissioned: 2155-2172
*Role: Destroyer

Dimensions
Length: 180m
Width: 112m
Height: 42m

Armament
8 Pulsed Phase Cannons: 36 TW output
5 Mod 3 Photonic Torpedo Tubes: 60 rounds

Defenses
Andorian Shields: 52,000 TJ capacity
6cm Enhanced Polarized Armor

Warp Speeds
Normal Cruise: 4.2
Maximum Cruise: 4.6
Maximum Rated: 5.06 for 3 hours

History: The Minuteman Class was one of the designs created using NX class technology as well as Andorian and Vulcan technology. It was a destroyer in the United Earth Starfleet. It was designed when the war with the Romulans was becoming a greater possibility. it was designed alongside the Yorktown, Confederation, and Poseidon Classes in order to flesh out the fleet more so they wouldn't have all of their eggs one a few baskets. Quite a few were destroyed in the Earth-Romulan War. After the war, production of this class continued to along with the Yorktown, NX, Confederation, and Poseidon. In 2172, production ended with the comissioning of the USS Alaska. The class continued to serve with great distinction until Starfleet began retiring these ships in 2234.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poseidon Class
*Affiliation: United Earth
*Crew: 120
*Comissioned: 2154-2170
*Role: Medium Cruiser

Dimensions
Length: 217m
Width: 148m
Height: 34m

Armament
12 Pulsed Phase Cannons
4 Plasma Cannons: 48 TW output
4 Mod 3 Photonic Torpedo Tubes: 70 rounds

Defenses
Andorian Shields
9cm Enhanced Polarized Armor

Warp Speeds
Normal Cruise: 4.4
Maximum Cruise: 4.9
Maximum Rated: 5.2 for 5 hours

History: The Poseidon Class was designed as a Cruiser for the United Earth Starfleet before the Earth-Romulan War. It had the most advanced technology available at the time like Andorian Shields, Pulsed Phase Cannons, Enhanced Polarized Armor, a faster Warp Drive, and a Tractor Beam. These ships did very well in the Earth-Romulan War and continued in the role of explorers afterwards. These ships were decomissioned in 2238 and throughout the 2240s.