Star Wars in our universe Part II (revised)

So, when does Star Wars take place in our galaxy's timeline (see description below)?

1797 AD
100%
1798 AD
No votes
1799 AD
No votes
1800 AD
No votes
1801 AD
No votes
1802 AD
No votes
1803 AD
No votes
1804 AD
No votes
1805 AD
No votes
1806 AD
No votes
1807 AD
No votes
1808 AD
No votes

Total votes: 2
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Star Wars in our universe Part II (revised)

Post by Meste17 »

So, in Part I of my question, which resulted in a good brainstorming session, we have attempted to determine when Star Wars was set relative to our galaxy. Due to the high traffic, and the many grueling hours of discussion, I have now managed to narrow it down to a list of 11 candidate dates. Which of these dates do you believe more likely?
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Star Wars in our universe Part II (revised)

Post by Meste17 »

"Into the Great Unknown" does not indicate when its story takes place, although Solo does mention his children, the first two of whom were born in 9 ABY; while Indiana Jones' mention of Atlantis would indicate that the story takes place during or after 1939. Blackman eventually clarified that the story doesn't have any exact date because it wasn't canonical, though he sets the story 7 or 8 years after Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1935), setting the story around 1942 or 1943, which in turn would set the date in which Han and Chewie crashed the Falcon at the Earth around 1816 or 1817. So this means between 9 and 19 ABY.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Wars in our universe Part II (revised)

Post by McAvoy »

Is this some sort of fanfic?

Why is it that when you make these polls, the numbers or names are entirely made up and hold no meaning to anyone but you?

Think about it, exactly which date do you think we should choose because that is ths date you should choose. Not because on of us says something because I absolutely guarantee you if we took it seriously, it would be as random as possible in the decision making process.

Every single poll you make is like this. This isn't like you having five options, then going through the ups and downs of each option and seeing what the general concensus is. This is literally 11 dates all of which hold equal and yet no meaning.

I am going with Year 152637 RT of the fifth age of the YellowCarebear Galaxy resurrection that predates the 80th century of the Pony Express Stellar collision. This of course conflicts with the Megatron Toilet Brush Expression Age of 163821 but hey what can you do.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"