First Contact Day (April 5th)

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

First Contact Day (April 5th)

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

For the past few years I have been observing First Contact Day each year with a Star Trek movie marathon.

I shall be doing the same again this year, luckily it falls inside school holidays which means I can't go out anyway (because I have social phobia+, which is just 1000 times worse outside of school hours).

So, I shall be watching

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek III: The Search For Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis

I am not a great fan of the Abrams films, though I own every film, so only the Prime Universe will feature in my Marathon.

Does anyone else do anything to observe First Contact Day? Or am I just even weirder than people assume? :)
Last edited by Tinadrin Chelnor on Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: First Contact Day (April 5th)

Post by Nutso »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 pm For the past few years I have been observing First Contact Day each year with a Star Trek movie marathon.

I shall be doing the same again this year, luckily it falls inside school holidays which means I can't go out anyway (because I have social phobia+, which is just 1000 times worse outside of school hours).

So, I shall be watching

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek II: The Search For Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis

I am not a great fan of the Abrams films, though I own every film, so only the Prime Universe will feature in my Marathon.

Does anyone else do anything to observe First Contact Day? Or am I just even weirder than people assume? :)
You ain't weird. You're just a massive Star Trek fan. Have fun observing First Contact Day.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: First Contact Day (April 5th)

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Thank you, I shall. I'm looking forward to it :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."