Funny pics

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Funny pics

Post by Nutso »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm Image
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
You don't even need to fix this line for a Borgy. It just works.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

JudgeKing wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:36 am

Okay... this matches up WAY too well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

True?

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The baby naming is really getting out of hand. I am of the opinion these 'unique' names are not for the baby itself but for the parents. Some sort of narsistic play on how unique their child is, different from the others, maybe even better. In the end, that kid will go through correcting people in how to say their name, have kids come up with nicknames, good or bad. And eventually that child will end up preferring a nickname of their own that will annoy Mom to no end, because that is not the name she picked out for their special flower.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:34 am The baby naming is really getting out of hand. I am of the opinion these 'unique' names are not for the baby itself but for the parents. Some sort of narsistic play on how unique their child is, different from the others, maybe even better. In the end, that kid will go through correcting people in how to say their name, have kids come up with nicknames, good or bad. And eventually that child will end up preferring a nickname of their own that will annoy Mom to no end, because that is not the name she picked out for their special flower.
Overall... yeah, I'm 100% with you. Although 'Dusti' doesn't seem too bad to me.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:34 am The baby naming is really getting out of hand. I am of the opinion these 'unique' names are not for the baby itself but for the parents. Some sort of narsistic play on how unique their child is, different from the others, maybe even better. In the end, that kid will go through correcting people in how to say their name, have kids come up with nicknames, good or bad. And eventually that child will end up preferring a nickname of their own that will annoy Mom to no end, because that is not the name she picked out for their special flower.
In general, I would agree. I am all for names adapting and evolving over time, after all everything else does, and it is the way of things, but many of the names above just seem rather ridiculous and as you say, seem like it is more for the parents to show their uniqueness instead of actually naming the kid something appropriate.

I'm not even sure I could pronounce a few of them.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:17 pm
In general, I would agree. I am all for names adapting and evolving over time, after all everything else does, and it is the way of things, but many of the names above just seem rather ridiculous and as you say, seem like it is more for the parents to show their uniqueness instead of actually naming the kid something appropriate.

I'm not even sure I could pronounce a few of them.
Oh I agree. Names change. Names age out and come back. I just look at these names and think about what the kid will go through their entire life.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:04 am Image
I'm... not sure what I'm looking at, here.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:56 pm
Nutso wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:04 am Image
I'm... not sure what I'm looking at, here.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:26 am

Thank you!:)
Nutso
2 Star Admiral