Xindi-Avians

Enterprise
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Xindi-Avians

Post by Varthikes »

I've been re-watching Enterprise. Currently in Season 3. Something has been on my mind ever since the series first aired, and it keeps coming back whenever I watch the series.

In "The Shipment", the Xindi-Avians are first mentioned, believed to have gone extinct when their homeworld was destroyed. Later in the season, we learn that the Xindi council meets in an old Avian dwelling, estimated to be a couple thousand years old. Which would mean the Avians were able to leave their world. Perhaps not in starships, but maybe they had access to an Iconian Gateway. Which means there could still be a colony of Xindi-Avians out there somewhere.

PLEASE NOTE: I recently started watching the current run of Star Trek shows. If this has been dealt with recently, NO SPOILERS PLEASE.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Xindi-Avians

Post by McAvoy »

Varthikes wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:37 am I've been re-watching Enterprise. Currently in Season 3. Something has been on my mind ever since the series first aired, and it keeps coming back whenever I watch the series.

In "The Shipment", the Xindi-Avians are first mentioned, believed to have gone extinct when their homeworld was destroyed. Later in the season, we learn that the Xindi council meets in an old Avian dwelling, estimated to be a couple thousand years old. Which would mean the Avians were able to leave their world. Perhaps not in starships, but maybe they had access to an Iconian Gateway. Which means there could still be a colony of Xindi-Avians out there somewhere.

PLEASE NOTE: I recently started watching the current run of Star Trek shows. If this has been dealt with recently, NO SPOILERS PLEASE.
I have to recheck that. It might an error on the writer's part.

Xindi I can buy into them being spacefaring before the destruction of their home world. Makes sense since all of the Xindi species did leave it. Avians didn't. Thousands of years is still a lot of time though for a species.

I would not get into the Iconian Gateway too much. If there was one, then the other Xindi would know about it too eventually.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"