How long before the USA has a second civil war?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

How long before the USA has a second civil war?

Post by thelordharry »

I'm being serious. Months? Years? Decades?

Makes this all the more profound for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpW0FVw2QNM
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: How long before the USA has a second civil war?

Post by McAvoy »

It doubt it will be a Civil War like a true split between the states. It could. Maybe Trump runs in 2024 and loses again, he could pull another Jan 6th.

I think right now it will be between the citizens and not the government.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Absolutely. I could see a civilian civil war. Wasn't that what Jan 6th was essentially about?
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

thelordharry wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:17 pm Absolutely. I could see a civilian civil war. Wasn't that what Jan 6th was essentially about?
Sort of. Basically one side believed so much according to their leader that the other side stole the election that a protest, or a Trump rally, became a violent mob. So distrustful of the Left, that even afterwards there is still alot that believes it could not be their side that did it but a False Flag operation.

Hell mass shootings here in the US is believed to be false flag operations by the Left. There is so much bullshit conspiracy shit that they actually believe the Left wants to ban guns so they can be Nazis of the 21st century.

Just way out of touch with reality.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

But at least we are re-enacting 'Jaws' this holiday...already two shark attacks ..crazy!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think the best thing for the US is to stop electing the Boomer generation. So much talk about Biden being old, having dimentia, etc that on the other side is Trump who is only two years younger than Biden. Someone who doesn't exactly have a healthy lifestyle to begin with. Even Trump had to say recently that '78 isn't that old'.

Time to move on to the Gen X on both sides. Electing even a traditional Republican would help the country and go away from the severe polarizing nature of Trump. The Trump supporters won't go away of course but less likely to be seen or heard.

Likewise the Democrats should find a strong liberal who isn't all about being on the far left but able to connect with the Right.

US politics are too polarized.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I can see it going like this:

In the next few election the Democrats win by any fair and standard rules. But the GOO does some fuckaroo, sends the case to the Supreme Court who gives them the election. Similar to 2000 but way more brazen.

The democrats states, primarily the big ones of The NE and west coast call bullshit, refuse to acknowledge a stolen election. Stop paying taxes into federal accounts. Essentially turning off their economic support of the government.

Then it’s how the cards land. Does the GOP manage to forcefully control those states? Do the coasts all but succeed? Who is the “true” government.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

There is one issue with a Civil War. The military. I highly the doubt the military itself will split itself like the first one did. It will serve whoever the sitting president is or the oncoming president. Or it will sit back.

Like take for example, Trump trying to use the military esculate the 2020 Capital riots. That can be refused as Biden was elected. Or the military decides that it will not use its power to enforce anything will allow the civilian government to sort it all out.

Lastly, if the military for example is actually used let's say on the Republicans, no matter how many guns some gun nut may have, it won't matter if some Predator drone launches a missile into their basement where they are hunkered down.

There will without a doubt many military members, officers and enlisted that will refuse to fire on their own citizens especially if they are of like mind.

Without military support or support from local law enforcement either, I can see this second Civil War being a very violent country wide riot. Something I can also see dying down pretty quickly.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

You run into a little more of an issue if the great orange idiot gets re-elected and then orders the Army to so something stupid. The issue is then do they follow orders or do stupid things.
email, ergo spam
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

There will be no such thing, one side loves to yell and scream and posture, and the other has no wish to spill the blood of fellow citizens. There are of course nut cases on both sides that would love to get violent, they remain so far fringe lunatics. Our military if ordered by Orange Man Bad (yes, sarcasm) to clamp down in that way Ian, will refuse to follow said orders as unlawful and rightly so. So, no shooting war, not happening.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

One can only hope that is correct.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:19 pm You run into a little more of an issue if the great orange idiot gets re-elected and then orders the Army to so something stupid. The issue is then do they follow orders or do stupid things.
It's a bit more complicated than that. The Great Cheeto could order anything he wants as President, doesn't mean that it will be followed. Secretary of Defense, Joint Chiefs of Staff, the actual generals or admirals below them. They all or most of them would have be huge Trump supporters to mindlessly obey anything he says.

Then again, one thing Trump had issues with his first presidency was not hsving enough yes men to do his bidding. He has repeatedly said he wanted or wished that sort of power. It was 'his' military for example.

Besides, there might be a push for DeSantis instead. I do read the comment sections sometimes in conservative news outlets, and it seems Trump is starting to wear out his welcome. More and more people would rather have DeSantis instead.

Who I think will be more level headed than Trump even if that means he will be more willing and smarter to make the sort of policies Trump conned his followers he would do.