FA Cup upsets

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

FA Cup upsets

Post by Captain Seafort »

Bloody hell. :shock:

Man United out to Pompey and Chelsea out to Barnsley. This is one of the great days of English football.

The former I'm pleased with because it's United, the latter because it shows that Barnsley have hit a run of exceptional Cup form, and it wasn't just us playing crap when we lost to them.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Football? Pfft. Play some real sports. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Hey, if it's a choice between cricket and footy, I'd go for cricket any day. :)

The opportuity to have a go at United and Chelsea at the same time was too good to pass up however.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey, if it's a choice between cricket and footy, I'd go for cricket any day.
Play some real sports.
Emphasis on the 'real'. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Emphasis on the 'real'. :P
Like I said - cricket. It's certainly a sight more complex, and therefore a thinking man's sport. Football may claim to have complicated rules regarding offside, but they're nothing when compared to the lbw rule.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:
Hey, if it's a choice between cricket and footy, I'd go for cricket any day.
Play some real sports.
Emphasis on the 'real'. :P
Like NASCAR. That's a real sport. That any real man should like.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

NASCAR only qualifies as entertaining when I see something explode or crash. Other than that, it's an hour of watching people drive around in circles. If I wanted to see that, I'd wander down to the local roundabout.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:NASCAR only qualifies as entertaining when I see something explode or crash. Other than that, it's an hour of watching people drive around in circles. If I wanted to see that, I'd wander down to the local roundabout.
Hear, hear. The only thing approaching a useful spectator sport in auto racing is drifting.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:NASCAR only qualifies as entertaining when I see something explode or crash. Other than that, it's an hour of watching people drive around in circles. If I wanted to see that, I'd wander down to the local roundabout.
I hate roundabouts. Some idiot set up three in a row by menards and the North side Wal-Mart. It's the only thing that actually gives me motion sickness.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They're useful for regulating traffic if you don't want lights.
Of course, some moron decides to put a roundabout and three freaking sets of traffic lights at the same junction, which happens to be one of the busiest around.
Things like that make me glad I don't drive.