Explosion in NY Times Square

In the real world
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Explosion in NY Times Square

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Small bomb hits NY Times Square

An explosive device has caused minor damage to a military recruitment centre on New York City's Times Square.

The centre was empty and no-one was injured in the pre-dawn blast, which smashed a glass window.

The recruiting station, located on a traffic island, has occasionally been the site of anti-war protests.

A US security official said the possibility of terrorism was being investigated but there was no sign of an immediate threat to the US.

US homeland security department spokesman Laura Keehner said the FBI had joined the investigation.

After the explosion in the early hours of Thursday, police cars blocked surrounding streets.

The traffic island, in the middle of the square, is surrounded by streets, theatres and restaurants. The recruiting station is one of the busiest in the US.

Witnesses staying at a Times Square hotel told the Associated Press news agency that they heard a "big bang" and could feel the building shake.

A plume of smoke was also visible after the explosion, they said.

At one point, subway trains passed through Times Square station without stopping but normal service later resumed.
Source
Good thing no one was hurt.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yet another excuse for the FBI/CIA/Police/Government to impose more laws and power over the people for thier own protection...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

At least no one was hurt.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Supposedly, a cyclist dropped a homemade pipe bomb in front of the recruiting station. Couldn't have been a typically organized and efficient terrorist cell, or they would have bombed it when someone was there.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Yeah I'm thinking it's more likely a Democrat than terrorist

Hmmmm Maybe a Serb they're pretty miffed at the moment.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

sunnyside wrote:Yeah I'm thinking it's more likely a Democrat than terrorist

Hmmmm Maybe a Serb they're pretty miffed at the moment.
And, Times Square was the scene of a HUGE Kosovar rally when they declared independence.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer