What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:50 pm
00111010 01000100 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:03 am
McAvoy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 am Johnny Five. Making me want to watch Short Circuit again and a certain very white actor portraying a Indian...
Haha. That was so bad, I didn’t realize it until years later.
I didn't, either. And yeah. That was bad.
I didn't see it either until I saw the actor in the other movies much later. Since then I always wondered what were they thinking anyway. Couldnt he just be one of so many white nerdy super smart guys the US had (and still has) at the time? Why did he need to be Indian?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Or hell, why not just hire an Indian actor?
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:51 pm Or hell, why not just hire an Indian actor?
Because then it would be called Avatar and directed by M’night! (Ba-dom-tssss). Drums for lame joke.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

And at the end, you'd find out they were all dead AND actually living on a private reserve on Earth!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

That's not twisty enough. :P
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

And the Navi aren't really giant blue aliens at all, just actors in rubber suits!

Twisty enough now? Lol
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

The Navi weren't even actors in rubber suits... they were actors in mocap suits! ;)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

As if we didn't have enough to worry about. A little story, thankfully with a happy ending:

On the 11 May, about a week after Graham passed away (and two days before his funeral) our 10 year old cat Poppy escaped from Graham's house. Up until last night she had been missing for three weeks. As you can see, she's a highly unusual cat:

We've never seen another one like her. We put her on various lost pet websites, put posters up and letters through more than 150 houses nearby. Two weeks later it rained and we replaced them all over again. During that time we've had signings of numerous cats. At least two identical to poppy.

The good news is that last night 21 days after her going missing someone called to say that she was in their back garden. Irene (my wife) went round and low and behold it was Poppy! We've got her back. Now all we have to do is take down about 300 posters!
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

IanKennedy wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:10 pm As if we didn't have enough to worry about. A little story, thankfully with a happy ending:

On the 11 May, about a week after Graham passed away (and two days before his funeral) our 10 year old cat Poppy escaped from Graham's house. Up until last night she had been missing for three weeks. As you can see, she's a highly unusual cat:

We've never seen another one like her. We put her on various lost pet websites, put posters up and letters through more than 150 houses nearby. Two weeks later it rained and we replaced them all over again. During that time we've had signings of numerous cats. At least two identical to poppy.

The good news is that last night 21 days after her going missing someone called to say that she was in their back garden. Irene (my wife) went round and low and behold it was Poppy! We've got her back. Now all we have to do is take down about 300 posters!
I'm very glad to read for some good news for you and your family, Ian. That's a good kitteh!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:10 pm As if we didn't have enough to worry about. A little story, thankfully with a happy ending:

Is Poppy the cat that Graham once called, "the world's most evil cat?" Exploring the neighborhood in her old age... Naughty, pretty kitty.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Poppy is the cat that Graham considered a 'minion of Satan', as she would stare at him with pure unadulterated hatred, even when he held a treat or laser pointer. They learned to avoid one another during weeks of cat sitting. Perhaps she was out delivering her annual report to the head honcho of evil. Just a guess!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yes, Graham and Poppy didn’t like each other :)
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

T'Pau wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:18 am Poppy is the cat that Graham considered a 'minion of Satan', as she would stare at him with pure unadulterated hatred, even when he held a treat or laser pointer. They learned to avoid one another during weeks of cat sitting. Perhaps she was out delivering her annual report to the head honcho of evil. Just a guess!
IanKennedy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 pm Yes, Graham and Poppy didn’t like each other :)
That is just too cute. Graham had to catsit the cat that hates him.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

He was paid for it, and it’s not like he was hunted by the cat. If he left it alone it would leave him alone. Basically keep food available, keep litter clean and a bit of company (letting the cat sit in the same room).
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Had a gray long haired cat similar to Poppy when I was growing up. She had white feet though and white spot on her belly. Soxie I think is how we spelled her name.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"