Stranger Things.

Everything else
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Stranger Things.

Post by McAvoy »

I just finished all three seasons of Stranger Things. There will be fourth though Corona virus might delaying it... like a lot of things.

Strange, I looked up Stranger Things on the forum and I couldn't find someone discussing it. Seems like right up our alley.

Afterall, the whole series is basically centered around children of our own interests. It's based in 83-85 time frame. Some of us remember the 80's at least in passing when it came to the very early 90's.

What do you guys think of the series?

I personally think it's top notch.

The actress who plays Eleven I am going to say now is the next Scarlett Johanson. Wiona Ryder is still hot as ever, she is playing a woman nost likely younger than her actual age. As of now she is 48. Had to look it up. Feeling old now if she is that old.

The rest of the kids have a bright future I think. Hopefully they will grow out of they awkward phase in childhood. Especially the kid who plays Dustin. Yeah he has the lisp due to his medical condition but he is pretty damn good. I can see him doing comedy.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Stranger Things.

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have seen the first season, and loved it. I have yet to get around to seeing the next two, but plan to. I have so many things to watch, it is a pain in the backside. But definitely one to watch, I shall get on to season 2 ASAP.

Will likely binge watch it early next week like I did with the first season.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

For the past week for so it was my evening thing. Watch three or four episodes at a time. That was my limit because the show is so addictive wanting to watch one after another.

Third season is probably the most 80's of the three seasons.
The Russian hitman is such a dead ringer for the Terminator that if they ever thought to reboot the movie franchise he could easily play it. He even sounds similar.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Graham and I watched season 1 as a goof and ended up really enjoying it. Watched 2 and 3 as well. A well written and directed show, with plenty of oogity boogity to keep things moving right along. Loads of pop culture references!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."