William Sadler, whom portrayed "Section 31 Director Luther Sloan," talks Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

William Sadler, whom portrayed "Section 31 Director Luther Sloan," talks Deep Space Nine

Post by Nutso »

Last edited by Nutso on Wed May 13, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: William Sadler talks Deep Space Nine

Post by IanKennedy »

You know I looked at that and thought “that’s not William Shatner”. It took me at least three attempts to realise my mistake. Talk about seeing what you expect.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:12 pm You know I looked at that and thought “that’s not William Shatner”. It took me at least three attempts to realise my mistake. Talk about seeing what you expect.
I should have put "(Sloan)" in the title since I ended up confusing myself just now.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:12 pm You know I looked at that and thought “that’s not William Shatner”. It took me at least three attempts to realise my mistake. Talk about seeing what you expect.
Did the same thing. I actually wanted to know what Shatner thought of DS9...

NUTSO!!!!! YOU DISAPPOINT!!!!
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

You know, I didn't recognise him from the thumbnail, but now I do and I'm like... "Hang on... This is the guy who was the baddie of Die Hard 2, was in the Green Mile (jesus that was released in 1999?), and according to imdb, also in like 61 episodes of Roswell (although two episode on the shortlist say 'credit only' so at most, 59), and, beyond that, as President Ellis in Iron Man 3, which he reprised for Agents of SHIELD in three episodes (Laws of Nature, Bouncing Back, Parting Shot).

It's... weird it feels like I've seen him in WAY more stuff but there's barely a handful on IMDB that I recognise (Roswell, which I had heard of but hadn't watched for instance.)

But still... He is President Stuart Ellis Sloan. Really, it feels like his three episodes of DS9 are a smaller fraction of his career than it actually looks like on his imdb page.

And I too misread the title as 'Shatner'. I agree, McAvoy, I actually want to know what the original Farmboy Cowboy Captain of an Enterprise thought about DS9.