Exocomps: smart and fast.

The Next Generation
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Exocomps: smart and fast.

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

I timed the scene in “The quality of Life”. Laforge states;
“Yeah, but how do we do we do that? The defective grid is two hundred metres down conduit A two. We have to disassemble four bulkheads just to get to it”.

From the moment the exocomp begins moving and until the power & lighting come back up to normal is 14.5 seconds. Which if I give the exocomp a 4-5 second repair time for the damaged grid would still mean they can travel at 20 meters/second. I can change the repair time to shorter, making them seem slower but this means they can repair a damaged circuit in less than 4 seconds, again, impressive. If I shift the time back to give them more time to repair and less to travel... well, you get the picture. The exocomps are Fast & Intelligent robotic repair drones which the federation should consider employing immediately for maintenance aboard the Starships. They’re almost like a EMH in their capabilities to work in environments or conditions that would kill or injure an biological life form, but can do so without concern of destruction or damage.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”