Coronavirus and racist attack

In the real world
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Coronavirus and racist attack

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

For the love of god... scroll down the page to the Stephen Colbert video.. it’s so damn funny (yet provocative!).

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/finance.yaho ... 55639.html

The info about the US presidential response and death tolls figures are frighteningly disturbing and feel emotionally disconnected from reality, like they’re talking about changing tires on a car and not potential fatality rates from covid-19.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:20 pm For the love of god... scroll down the page to the Stephen Colbert video.. it’s so damn funny (yet provocative!).

The info about the US presidential response and death tolls figures are frighteningly disturbing and feel emotionally disconnected from reality, like they’re talking about changing tires on a car and not potential fatality rates from covid-19.
I would, but I don't think my blood pressure can take it at the moment.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 pm
00111010 01000100 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:20 pm For the love of god... scroll down the page to the Stephen Colbert video.. it’s so damn funny (yet provocative!).

I would, but I don't think my blood pressure can take it at the moment.
Aside from reading the numbers, Colbert does a good job (from home to minimize Crowd community spread) discussing the various idiots leading idiots currently happening in us government. On second thought, if learning how ignorant individual state leaders are can up set your heart, probably not the best video to watch. No matter how funny it’s made, it’s sad when I mentally take a step back and think, “these are the people who were voted into their respective offices by the General public.... we’re so screwed”.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I don't understand why there are people who aren't taking this seriously.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Omg. Amidst the surge in cases and deaths from its spread, US politicians demonstrate their ignorance of how to combat this virus’s spread?

“In Wisconsin, the Democratic governor tried to cancel in-person voting in Tuesday’s primary, but a court blocked him at Republicans’ request”. Ayfkm... :-(

The rest can be read here.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... utType=amp
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nutso wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:19 am I don't understand why there are people who aren't taking this seriously.
Ignorance of the few.

Because the misinformation provided by the internet and general word-of-mouth. Schools and teachers seem to be somewhat well informed as the professor who lives upstairs says the school has cancelled all classes (except those online) until the end of April minimum. My job thinks they should protect people’s privacy by not informing anyone of who’s infected or who’s been quarantined. Thereby removing any ability of people to understand if they’ve come into contact with said individuals or any of their coworkers who may also be carrying the virus now.

Ignorance is preferred over facts.

In an age of super connectivity and wide spread information resources, you would think the opposite would be happening to society. E.g. A society who understand the severity of the issue and is properly educated about it. Sadly, the reverse is our situation. People who read a reddit article and believe it’s true without checking any reliable accurate sites. A public that went insane purchasing toilet paper because of some mad sputterings online of a global catastrophe involving TP and paper towels? The general population band wagon’d together and stripped every place of its disposable products.

Ignorance spreading and emboldened.

In Massachusetts, on the 24th. The state instituted a stay-at-home mandatory rule. If you look up “covid-19 numbers” in bing, go to the trending tab for US-> Massachusetts and you’ll see the sudden explosion of cases on the 24th? Ppl didn’t stay at home, they suddenly all went out and intermingled with one another?

Ignorance expanded on and re-enforced.

How many of those ppl in this one state after a few weeks who managed to avoid infection are going around telling people that they didn’t get it so it’s all a lie?

Ignorance becomes unstoppable.

Why are people so ignorant of this? Because ignorance begets ignorance. And if we are destroyed someday because of our failure to slow or prevent ignorance from spreading misinformation.... we do not deserve to survive.

Or simply.. we will become victims of Darwin’s law. Making way for an more intelligent and adapt species to surpass us.

(((If this is upsetting to anyone, I apologize but I’m speaking from a singular view point and Is not supported by this site or it’s creators and patrons)))
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

At 93 years old, she's real good at this.
Stan - South Park
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nutso wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:53 am At 93 years old, she's real good at this.
I actually watched this one earlier today, I almost commented ‘God save the Queen’, because she’s doing what a leader should do. Instilling a sense of hope in an otherwise dreadful situation. Pity the us leaders are all spotlight, glory hounds who find it a time to earn fame over loss of public concern or safety.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nutso wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:53 am
Thank you for sharing this. I tend to sleep on my back all the time.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Nutso wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:53 amAt 93 years old, she's real good at this.
Not a surprise - she's been doing the job since before most of the planet were born, and before that she how her father and Churchill did it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:53 am
At 93 years old, she's real good at this.
Boy, I miss having someone articulate in charge. As a filthy colonial and red-blooded American, all I can say is GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:12 pmBoy, I miss having someone articulate in charge. As a filthy colonial and red-blooded American, all I can say is GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
I'm sure she'd be willing to repeal the Treaty of Paris if you (collectively) asked nicely.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:23 pm
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:12 pmBoy, I miss having someone articulate in charge. As a filthy colonial and red-blooded American, all I can say is GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
I'm sure she'd be willing to repeal the Treaty of Paris if you (collectively) asked nicely.
I would crawl on my hands and knees at this point.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ehhh. You guys got your own Trump. We got ours. Just be trading a different dog turd at this point.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"