Coronavirus and racist attack

In the real world
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Coronavirus and racist attack

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Secrecy... amid the fears and concerns of unintentional spreading of a rampant virus. The best way to deal with it! Be afraid of your constituents finding out your contagious. Although I know the us gov would in all likelihood do the same. Nothing sets in panic like believing your elected officials are sick/potentially going to die from complications. I’m not conceding that it’s correct to pretend it doesn’t exist. That’s propagating ignorance. But to create issues of trusting political news or news reports in general regarding the health of person in governing positions is setting up the precedence of your masses failing to listen to news reports because they could be inaccurate. A national “boy who cries wolf!” situation.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

We’re (many societies around the globe) idiots, being lead by morons, who got to positions of authority by being really good at a bad game (politics).

I’m not putting every country/political figure into this group, I’m sure there are still intelligent communities out there with leaders who are in there place because of their abilities and not their financial backing (or affiliations). Just seems like on the whole, we’re not doing to well moving up the evolutionary ladder towards greatness anymore.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I gotta say, personally I think Boris has done a pretty good job with this situation. I've been impressed with his willingness to follow scientific advice even if it means sweeping and very expensive measures. After a decade of austere spending he's ready to throw us hundreds of billions into the red to deal with this, and has promised more if needed. Good for him.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Agreed.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:08 pm I gotta say, personally I think Boris has done a pretty good job with this situation. I've been impressed with his willingness to follow scientific advice even if it means sweeping and very expensive measures. After a decade of austere spending he's ready to throw us hundreds of billions into the red to deal with this, and has promised more if needed. Good for him.
He's become the very thing he swore to destroy.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Nutso wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:39 pm
Graham Kennedy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:08 pm I gotta say, personally I think Boris has done a pretty good job with this situation. I've been impressed with his willingness to follow scientific advice even if it means sweeping and very expensive measures. After a decade of austere spending he's ready to throw us hundreds of billions into the red to deal with this, and has promised more if needed. Good for him.
He's become the very thing he swore to destroy.
Ha... I hope he likes sand!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

The real reason people were ingest chloroquine? And now they're blaming the "media."
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

...I don't know why people like this exist.

Stan - South Park
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Even thought it’s not a race and I’m not making lite of it, the U.S. is now #1 for confirmed cases. Not something I think any country wants to take 1st in.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Italy has exceeded China in deaths.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

British PM Johnson tests positive for coronavirus
LONDON, March 27 (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus and is self isolating but will still lead the government’s response to the outbreak.

“Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus,” Johnson said. “I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus.”
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'm never sure whether she's genuinely as stupid and illiterate as she looks or if she just thinks everyone else is.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Seafort wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:36 pm Image

I'm never sure whether she's genuinely as stupid and illiterate as she looks or if she just thinks everyone else is.
There's a lot of "big brain energy" going around these days. Case in point:

Guarantee this person upon clicking "submit" to that nonsense, thought they were the most smartest person to have ever lived.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Beginning of week 3 here in NJ. Roads are barren. No one is outside. I havent seen a cop car in days. When I drive I got the whole road to myself for the most part. Working 3 13 hour days with a four day weekend.

Sorry but I am rather enjoying this.

A friend of mine, female 34 tested positive and had to be hospitalized since she could barely breathe. She got released yesterday.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"