Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "PORTALS" from the makers of The Blair Witch Project & V

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ha, I once wrote a book with a similar premise to this. Basic plot was that one day these glowing balls of light appeared all over the world - like a hundred thousand of them, maybe more. Each was a fixed gateway to a parallel universe.

Problem 1, each produced an EMP blast that wiped out all electrical circuits within a mile radius.

Problem 2, there wasn't anything stopping movement through the gates. Sound innocuous? Some gates open to atmospheres at a different air pressure. Which causes a hurricane of air to get blown out or sucked in at each site. Total disruption of half the world's weather systems, right there.

Others opened to places deep within an ocean. I put one over Las Vegas Bay that was spewing one hundred and twenty million gallons of water. Per second. Hoover Dam got washed away.

And then at least one opened into a rather large magma chamber...

Problem 3, animals can go through as well...

Never did like how the book turned out, but I always liked the premise.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sounds interesting. I don't suppose you've still got it knocking around somewhere and would be willing to post it here?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Captain Seafort wrote:Sounds interesting. I don't suppose you've still got it knocking around somewhere and would be willing to post it here?
I do, and I wouldn't. It turned out pretty terrible, lol.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Hollywood: Ah yes, a good idea for a sci fi film. Lets make it a horror instead.

Or, So you want to watch scifi, here's a horror, thriller or other movie because just scifi is boring.