Marvel's Kevin Feige Developing New 'Star Wars' Movie

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Marvel's Kevin Feige Developing New 'Star Wars' Movie

Post by Nutso »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ey-1243481
Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy "is pursuing a new era in 'Star Wars' storytelling, and knowing what a die-hard fan Kevin is, it made sense for these two extraordinary producers to work on a 'Star Wars' film together," Walt Disney Studios co-chairman Alan Horn tells The Hollywood Reporter.

To the surprise of no one, Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars fan. It might surprise many, however, that the Marvel Studios chief is going to be developing a Star Wars movie as Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy makes new plans for a wave of projects set in the universe, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Feige had discussed a foray into the Star Wars universe in a late summer meeting with Kennedy and studio co-chairmen Alan Horn and Alan Bergman, sources say. In response to a query from THR, Walt Disney Studios co-chairman and chief creative officer Horn said, "We are excited about the projects Kathy and the Lucasfilm team are working on, not only in terms of Star Wars but also Indiana Jones and reaching into other parts of the company including Children of Blood and Bone with Emma Watts and Fox. With the close of the Skywalker Saga, Kathy is pursuing a new era in Star Wars storytelling, and knowing what a die-hard fan Kevin is, it made sense for these two extraordinary producers to work on a Star Wars film together."
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Marvel's Kevin Feige Developing New 'Star Wars' Movie

Post by Teaos »

He is not best used for 1 movie but for many, they needed him right from the get go, instead of the disjointed mess we have got
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Hard to view that as anything other than a slap in the face to Kathleen Kennedy (no relation!)

One has to wonder, if it came to a conflict between them, who is the top dog. I'm betting it's Feige, otherwise why bother?

And yeah, is he the guy for a one-off? Or is he developing the next Star Wars trilogy?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Hard to view that as anything other than a slap in the face to Kathleen Kennedy (no relation!)

One has to wonder, if it came to a conflict between them, who is the top dog. I'm betting it's Feige, otherwise why bother?

And yeah, is he the guy for a one-off? Or is he developing the next Star Wars trilogy?
The two duded who adapted, then fucked up, the "Game of Thrones" TV show have their own Star Wars trilogy in 2022, Rian Johnson is supposed to still have his own trilogy coming out. If they're going to go to the guy who made the MCU, it's got to be a multi-movie deal. Otherwise what's unique about Kevin Feige that they would go across studios to make only one movie? Show them how to make something for the fans, like he showed Sony on Spider-Man? Unless this is some favor to him as a Star Wars fan, and Disney's most successful producer.

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park