Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: "Charlie's Angels" Trailer

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

And Though at first, many cried in joy at seeing Patrick Stewart as Charlie (?)... suddenly, there was silence, with many anticipating, nay, dreading a sudden wave of cries at the overt feminism message using the overused trope of 'guys are useless', and though there has not yet been a decry of Toxic Fandom, true or false of any thus, it will happen, sooner or later.

... that's the impression I just got from that video. I enjoyed the previous two attempts at a Charlies Angel movie, but I dont feel like those ever tried to make men out to be stupid... but this, this did. And though the line in question refers to the police, I couldn't help my mind correcting that to "Patriarchy". Also, the sort of things that the Angels are supposed to go after (given the previous films, ofcourse), is meant to be handled by intelligence agencies, not by regular police. And... well, in that regard the line could have been "James bond can't keep it up... I mean keep up."...

See, this is what Toxic Producers have done to us, making messages overt by abusing something else that of course existing fans get in an uproar about means that even a hint of it and we go in that mode that eventually ends with them once more decrying 'toxic fandom' and us going "Too SJW!" This? This is why we can't have nice things.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Charlie's Angels" Trailer

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well that looks fantastic...

...ally mediocre.

When you're bored half-way through the trailer, I guess it doesn't bode well for the movie.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...