Cassian Andor live-action series announced

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Cassian Andor live-action series announced

Post by Nutso »

https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-a ... -announced
Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced today that Lucasfilm is in development on a second Star Wars live-action series for Disney+, the Company’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service. The series, which will go into production next year, follows the adventures of rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Diego Luna will reprise the role of Andor. “Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” said Luna. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Cassian Andor live-action series announced

Post by Mikey »

That seems like a weird focus.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Didn't he die?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Didn't he die?
Indeed. That, presumably, is why the series will be set before RO.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

And now he's more powerful than we can possibly imagine. Or prequeled.
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Nutso wrote:
Completely unnecessary series and yet also a story that probably is easy to produce and write: Rebel spy. You can serialize it and also have one-offs if you wanted. Plus it is a relatively small focus.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Bryan Moore wrote:
Nutso wrote:
Completely unnecessary series and yet also a story that probably is easy to produce and write: Rebel spy. You can serialize it and also have one-offs if you wanted. Plus it is a relatively small focus.
Disney is doing the same with their Marvel Franchise. Characters like Scarlett Witch and Loki will have TV shows starring their movie actors. They're really going into this streaming stuff on a spending spree. Those actors while not the most expensive are still movie actors. They've got to cost more than some unknown TV actor. Plus Star Wars and Marvel are effects heavy franchises. But like you said, easy to write and produce, and a small focus. Plus they're already established, have a fanbase, and since it's the same actors moving from film to TV (or streaming), there's a level of trust with the general audience.
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

The other plus of an Andor series is that it’s relatively difficult to run into canon conflicts.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

‘Black Mirror’s Toby Haynes To Direct ‘Rogue One’ Spin-Off Series At Disney+ As Tony Gilroy Steps Aside As Director
EXCLUSIVE: As Disney+ prepares to start production on its new Rogue One spinoff series, it will be doing so with a new director as sources tell Deadline Toby Haynes will helm the first three episodes, replacing Tony Gilroy.

Sources say Gilroy dropped off as director for COVID-19-related travel reasons. Gilroy lives in New York and had to make a decision quickly on whether he would head over to the UK for the shoot; in the end, he thought it would be best that he stay in New York and have Haynes take over his directing duties.

Haynes already was high on the list of directors who would helm future episodes and since he also already was in the UK, all parties thought this would make the most sense. Gilroy will stay very much involved with the series as exec producer and showrunner.

The series centers on the Cassian Andor character (Diego Luna, reprising his role from the film) and is in pre-production with plans to start shooting next month. Adria Arjona, Denise Gough, Genevieve O’Reilly, Stellan Skarsgard and Kyle Soller also are in the cast.

The untitled show focuses on Rebel agent Andor prior to the events of Rogue One in the early days of the bebellion against the Empire. The show had been described as a “spy thriller” when plans for it first were revealed last year. It also was previously announced that Luna would return as Andor, while Alan Tudyk is set to reprise his role as K-2SO, Andor’s droid sidekick.
Stan - South Park