What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Fingers and toes crossed, Tindarin!
Thank you. It took 10 hours but I managed to use the recovery program to rescue my work, and have saved it to dropbox. There are insufficient words to describe my elation.
I bet! Congratulations on recovering it. :)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Well done...
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

That must be a huge relief!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

It is a relief beyond words. Definitely keeping it backed up to Dropbox in future. Even 8-months of work is an incredible amount considering I work on it almost everyday for several hours. But I did good, old me would have turned to alcohol, but I refrained despite a lot of temptation. My care coordinator and therapist were pleased. But I learned a valuable lesson about relying on just one back up.
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

So my department, ship-from-store, is usually pretty slow on Saturdays. Today, two people in it called out. Guess which day it decided to be busy? :P
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:So my department, ship-from-store, is usually pretty slow on Saturdays. Today, two people in it called out. Guess which day it decided to be busy? :P
June 15, 2019? :P

Also, we just welcomed the latest member of our family

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AooBE-GWrh_7ndkP8oXhh8EaOFehrw

Stormy
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:So my department, ship-from-store, is usually pretty slow on Saturdays. Today, two people in it called out. Guess which day it decided to be busy? :P
Well that sucks -- just wait til holiday shopping begins in earnest :happydevil:

In other news, in 3 days I become a father.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Well that sucks -- just wait til holiday shopping begins in earnest :happydevil:

Early congrats!
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sonic Glitch wrote:

Congratulations! :D
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:In other news, in 3 days I become a father.
Wow. Congratulations.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I have four days off, work Friday, then have the next week off. :D
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I had a brilliant time at my first Star Trek Convention. Next time (two years time when it is in the UK again) we are going to do the whole weekend. I'll start saving now. I spend in the region of £380, at the convention, plus another £180 on hotel, transport, etc. I met a Klingon, saw a Breen, several Borg, and thousands of Starfleet officers representing a dozen or so species. I got myself a picture of me in uniform (the uniform just the top cost me £130, but it's my birthday next week, and you only live once) on the Enterprise-D bridge, got my favourite Star Trek actor (Alexander Siddig)'s autograph and got to shake his hand, and I forgot my name I was so nervous, LOL. But I explained I recently changed my name, and we chatted about his name change, apparently no one could pronounce his real name. And I got Rene Auberjonois's autograph too. He and Nana Visitor also did a Q&A session which was great, and I went to a Shatner talk, he's actually pretty cool.

All in all it was a brilliant day, and I am gald that I managed to do it, as a year a go I never would have, but I saw my psychiatrist the day before I came up here, and he said I have made so much progress in the last year, and it is mostly thanks to actually having friends for the first time in my life through asexual meet ups, and feeling like I belong somewhere. I still have a way to go, but this weekend was a huge and fantastic step, and I am so glad that I met my new friend that I came with at the last asexual meet up.

I have no idea how to put photo's up on here, I tried a couple weeks ago when I got my DITL mug and teddy, but suffice to say I had so much fun, and can't wait for 2020.

Me With Klingon
Me on Galaxy-class bridge
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:I had a brilliant time at my first Star Trek Convention. Next time (two years time when it is in the UK again) we are going to do the whole weekend. I'll start saving now. I spend in the region of £380, at the convention, plus another £180 on hotel, transport, etc. I met a Klingon, saw a Breen, several Borg, and thousands of Starfleet officers representing a dozen or so species. I got myself a picture of me in uniform (the uniform just the top cost me £130, but it's my birthday next week, and you only live once) on the Enterprise-D bridge, got my favourite Star Trek actor (Alexander Siddig)'s autograph and got to shake his hand, and I forgot my name I was so nervous, LOL. But I explained I recently changed my name, and we chatted about his name change, apparently no one could pronounce his real name. And I got Rene Auberjonois's autograph too. He and Nana Visitor also did a Q&A session which was great, and I went to a Shatner talk, he's actually pretty cool.

All in all it was a brilliant day, and I am gald that I managed to do it, as a year a go I never would have, but I saw my psychiatrist the day before I came up here, and he said I have made so much progress in the last year, and it is mostly thanks to actually having friends for the first time in my life through asexual meet ups, and feeling like I belong somewhere. I still have a way to go, but this weekend was a huge and fantastic step, and I am so glad that I met my new friend that I came with at the last asexual meet up.

I have no idea how to put photo's up on here, I tried a couple weeks ago when I got my DITL mug and teddy, but suffice to say I had so much fun, and can't wait for 2020.

Me With Klingon
Me on Galaxy-class bridge
Awesome pics. Thanks. Did you 'make it so' on the bridge? :D
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Awesome pics. Thanks. Did you 'make it so' on the bridge? :D
Thanks. I ordered "Let's see what's out there." A dream come true :D
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Awesome pics. Thanks. Did you 'make it so' on the bridge? :D
Thanks. I ordered "Let's see what's out there." A dream come true :D
Total. Win. :D