BLACK PANTHER International Trailer 3 (Marvel 2018)

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

BLACK PANTHER International Trailer 3 (Marvel 2018)

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BLACK PANTHER International Trailer 3 (Marvel 2018)

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So the Black Panther movie only has two white actors in it

Martin Freeman, who played Bilbo Baggins

And Andy Sekis, who played Gollum

...they're the film's Tolkien whites.

(Ducks and runs)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So the Black Panther movie only has two white actors in it

Martin Freeman, who played Bilbo Baggins

And Andy Sekis, who played Gollum

...they're the film's Tolkien whites.

(Ducks and runs)
I... actually have heard that in other places. :P
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Think I'm gonna get a group of my white friends to come see this with me and talk over the entire movie. :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil:
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I hope its good, i fear like the ghost buster reboot it will be shit but you cant say it with out being labeled sexist/racist.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Bryan Moore wrote:Think I'm gonna get a group of my white friends to come see this with me and talk over the entire movie. :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In truth, I have my tickets for Saturday. My kids are hyped to see it, and for the most race-barrier-shattering reason of all: they think it looks like a good movie, no matter the color of the actors.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Mikey wrote:
Bryan Moore wrote:Think I'm gonna get a group of my white friends to come see this with me and talk over the entire movie. :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In truth, I have my tickets for Saturday. My kids are hyped to see it, and for the most race-barrier-shattering reason of all: they think it looks like a good movie, no matter the color of the actors.
If the Tomato Meter from rottentomatoes.com is anything to go by, your kids are right. I'll see it a week from today (making no attempt to interrupt the film and/or get myself thrown out of the theater)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I'll probably see this next week. But damn I'm hyped.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Black Panther grosses $201.8 million over the 3-day weekend
UPDATED, Monday AM writethru after 12:05 AM post: Disney has verified this morning what we saw in the middle of the night, that T’Challa recorded the second-best Sunday ever at the domestic box office. Its $60.1 million (higher than the industry’s $59.55M estimate last night) ranks only behind the all-time record held by Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($60.5M on December 20, 2015). The total now pushes Black Panther to a three-day total of $201.8M, still the fifth-best domestic opening of all time after 2012’s Avengers ($207.4M).

Another factor juicing ticket sales, as we mentioned earlier, is that the ages 18-24 crowd comes out in bulk after 10 PM, and that contributes to the swing factor with these forecasts by the time the sun comes up. No doubt people will continue to flock to the movies today, with ComScore’s school calendar showing 88% K-12 out and 34% of all colleges off.
‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas
UPDATED, Monday writethru: The King of Wakanda is king at the international box office, with a stunning $168.7 million in 48 markets through Sunday. That puts Disney/Marvel’s Black Panther at a global debut of $370.5M, with the actuals on domestic coming in higher. Including Monday’s domestic estimate, the worldwide cume rises above $400M.

The numbers are “insane” is the refrain we heard all weekend as the movie shattered expectations. Most ahead of the opening were seeing $90M-$120M, with some believing it could edge higher, but not to these stratospheric totals. What’s fueling it? The movie is playing to the Marvel faithful, and also brought out the non-core audience. Says one international distribution veteran, “I think it’s so fresh and people are recognizing this, worldwide.”

Part of the reason the estimates were so low is that many saw this as comping to a first stand-alone movie with a character who’s not as well known from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Dave Hollis, Disney’s President of Theatrical Distribution, admits the studio didn’t see it rivaling the Avengers movies. “It just didn’t seem possible.” And yet, “the reception in every single way is a reflection of how good a movie this was but there is so much momentum inside the Marvel Studios space.” The consistency with which Marvel scores, encourages moviegoers to go along with them and try new things.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Hail to the king!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Future headline: 'Squirrel Girl' opens to $200 million; Who the fuck is 'Squirrel Girl?'
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Nutso wrote:Future headline: 'Squirrel Girl' opens to $200 million; Who the fuck is 'Squirrel Girl?'
Damn your eyes!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote:Future headline: 'Squirrel Girl' opens to $200 million; Who the fuck is 'Squirrel Girl?'
I can see it.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Box Office: 'Black Panther' Climbs to Historic $242M Bow After Record Monday
The superhero film made history at the Presidents Day box office after continually beating expectations; globally, it has earned $426.6 million.

In a defining moment for diversity and Hollywood, Disney's and Marvel Studios' Black Panther debuted to a record-shattering $242 million at the Presidents Day box office, according to updated estimates.

The bold superhero film passed up Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($241.6 million) to earn more in its first four days than any movie in history at the North American box office, save for Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($288.1 million), not adjusted for inflation. Black Panther also scored the biggest Monday in history with $40.2 million, besting Force Awakens' $40.1 million.

Black Panther's three-day haul of $201.8 million is the fifth- biggest domestic opening of all time, and the second-biggest for a superhero title behind fellow Marvel pic The Avengers ($207.4 million).
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mikey wrote:
Damn your eyes!
Future headline: 'Pip the Troll' opens to $300 million. What the fuck is going on?
Stan - South Park