From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Quentin Tarantino Hatches ‘Star Trek’ Movie Idea

Post by Nutso »

Paramount, JJ Abrams To Assemble Writers Room

https://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-ta ... 202220032/
XCLUSIVE: Already busy prepping to direct the film he just set up at Sony Pictures, Quentin Tarantino is also planning to boldly go where he has not gone before. Sources said that Tarantino has come up with a great idea for a Star Trek movie at Paramount. After sharing his idea with JJ Abrams (who himself is busy prepping Star Wars Episode IX), I’ve heard the plan is to assemble a writers room of scribes who’ll hear Tarantino’s take and begin to put together a movie. If it all works out, Tarantino might direct it, with Abrams producing.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Quentin Tarantino Hatches ‘Star Trek’ Movie Idea

Post by Mikey »

Seems like strange bedfellows.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tarantino Trek a go?!

Post by Graham Kennedy »

source
Yesterday the folks at Deadline.com broke a story that has me excited and at the same time saying "What the Fuck?!?" Quentin Tarantino is in talks with Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams about a possible STAR TREK film idea Q.T. has and is interested in directing! Q.T. is a major Trekkie, we all learned this with "Kill Bill's" opening quote being the above Old Klingon Proverb, I learned years ago at the first Q.T. FEST that "Wrath of Kahn" was one of his favorite sci-fi films. Paramount plans on grabbing up a group of writers to feed off Q.T.'s concept and flesh out a script worthy of the master writer and filmmaker.
That would be something to see!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Tarantino Trek a go?!

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Will Be R-Rated: ‘The Revenant’s Mark L. Smith Frontrunner Scribe
EXCLUSIVE: After Deadline this week revealed that Quentin Tarantino pitched a Star Trek film to JJ Abrams and Paramount, the whole thing is moving at warp speed. Tarantino met for hours in a writers room with Mark L. Smith, Lindsey Beer, and Drew Pearce. They kicked around ideas and one of them will get the job. I’m hearing the frontrunner is Smith, who wrote The Revenant. The film will most certainly go where no Star Trek has gone before: Tarantino has required it to be R rated, and Paramount and Abrams agreed to that condition. Most mega budget tent poles restrict the film to a PG-13 rating in an effort to maximize the audience. That was the reason that Guillermo Del Toro’s $150 million At The Mountains of Madness didn’t go forward at Universal, even though Tom Cruise was ready to star. The exception to this rule was Fox’s Deadpool, but that film started out with modest ambitions before it caught on and became the biggest R rated film ever.

That rating was crucially important to Tarantino, who hopes to direct this Star Trek and who has helmed R rated films his entire career. Imagine how this could open storytelling lanes, or even what the banter on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise might be, if you conjure up memories of the conversations between Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, or the banter at the diner between robbers before the heist gone wrong that triggered the action in Reservoir Dogs.
R-Rated Star Trek? How would that work? It's Tarantino, so the 'R' willl likely be for violence rather than sexual content.

Also it's kind of interesting that it won't be written by Tarantino.
Stan - South Park
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Nutso wrote: R-Rated Star Trek? How would that work? It's Tarantino, so the 'R' willl likely be for violence rather than sexual content.
Why not both? :twisted:

But then...there actually is quite a lot of violence in star trek....(people die horrible deaths all the time, or get assimilated etc.) That being said, I like it. I am not a fan of everything he does and I think his movies are usually too long.....but...the guy can write interesting dialogue.

What interests me more is if this will be a sequel to ST: Beyond, or something completly different....a stand alone movie....like they are now doing with Star Wars.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Well JJ Abrams is involved in this. So I think it's going to be after Beyond.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So Patrick Stewart has said he's a huge fan of Tarantino, has always wanted to work with him, and would be happy to play Picard again if he could be in his Star Trek movie.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

SIr Patrick, back in Star Trek?! :rave:

Although I feel that Tarantino would more be more likely to want Kirk and Spock.
Stan - South Park
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Nutso wrote:SIr Patrick, back in Star Trek?! :rave:

Although I feel that Tarantino would more be more likely to want Kirk and Spock.
Not necessarily....I heard an interview of him once and he theorized that if he had the chance he would make a movie out of an episode like "Yesterdays Enterprise" iirc.......so actually...I wouldn't be too suprised if something similar like this episode is actually his pitch.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.