What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I walked into work, logged in, and we had 1090 orders. Even though managers had already seen me, I was about this close to running out and calling out sick.
Are you in a DC or on the dot.com/PUT/Whatever-they're-calling-it-now side in-store?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I walked into work, logged in, and we had 1090 orders. Even though managers had already seen me, I was about this close to running out and calling out sick.
Are you in a DC or on the dot.com/PUT/Whatever-they're-calling-it-now side in-store?
The latter.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:
The latter.
God bless. Especially this time of year.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sonic Glitch wrote: God bless. Especially this time of year.
Thank you. It's not my first rodeo, but it's not any easier.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I actually kind of miss working black friday. Sure it was nuts, but I got left alone to do my job.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sonic Glitch wrote:I actually kind of miss working black friday. Sure it was nuts, but I got left alone to do my job.
I will admit, thanks to how things were set up this year, I missed about...90% of the insanity.

See, we had our big sales starting Thursday night at 6 PM. I was scheduled to work... 9 AM to 6 PM that day. I spent the first seven hours of my shift just filling the Christmas candy aisle. :D The last two? I brought out some movie displays, took a break, did a few other things and slipped out at about 5:51 PM. Got home, had some turkey with my dad and stepmother and that was it.

Friday... was insane, but I managed to spend most of it out back at the packing stations.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

For the first time in many, many years, I was not in hardlines retail for the Thanksgiving weekend. Managing the overnight in a 24-hour food-service environment had me surprised by how much business we did Thanksgiving night/Black Friday morning (because I was expecting zero) but it wasn't like the physically dangerous mob scene I encountered working a Toys R Us Thanksgiving night.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mikey wrote:For the first time in many, many years, I was not in hardlines retail for the Thanksgiving weekend. Managing the overnight in a 24-hour food-service environment had me surprised by how much business we did Thanksgiving night/Black Friday morning (because I was expecting zero) but it wasn't like the physically dangerous mob scene I encountered working a Toys R Us Thanksgiving night.
Yeahhh, Kohl's was brutal on Black Friday back in the early 2000s. Grocery distribution, of course, never sleeps, especially around holidays but there are no customers in my warehouse. I truly pity retailers who have to deal with Black FridaIy.

Then again, we ran a 21.5 hour shift the Monday before Thanksgiving...
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I did some Christmas shopping today. With the exception of three CDs, I'm done.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

They still sell CDs?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Besides cinnamon flavored whiskey, I generally drink real adult drinks, like Jameson, Bullit etc. Last night I went to a party at a co-worker's place and the only thing there I could drink was this blue booze.

Passion fruit, cherries and ginger delicately (HUH?) blended with French vodka. It was, different.

“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Romulan ale?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Ah, the holidays have arrived here at DITL! :D
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Captain Seafort wrote:Romulan ale?
Are my ears going to grow points now?
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

From Slave to Princess
Angharrad
Captain
Captain

Post by Angharrad »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Ah, the holidays have arrived here at DITL! :D
Tis the season?

From Slave to Princess