Meeting/seeing actors in the flesh

Everything else
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Meeting/seeing actors in the flesh

Post by T'Pau »

Has anyone met/seen any actors (favorite or otherwise) in the flesh? Maybe at a convention, on the street, at a play, etc?
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Meeting/seeing actors in the flesh

Post by Bryan Moore »

John DeLancie and Jeremy Bulloch in person at a convention. I've run into Maxwell Caulfield at a hotel. I've met far more athletes than anything else, especially NASCAR drivers - about 50 of them.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Bryan Moore wrote:John DeLancie and Jeremy Bulloch in person at a convention. I've run into Maxwell Caulfield at a hotel. I've met far more athletes than anything else, especially NASCAR drivers - about 50 of them.
I too have met more athletes than actors, mostly NY football Giants and various baseball players; thanks to a former job, I've also met shitloads of famous musicians. As far as actors, I've never been to any sort of convention or anything; but under normal organic conditions I've met Avery Brooks (waited on him at a store of which I was manager and struck up a conversation) and Sir Richard Attenborough (was an extra in a movie in which he starred, and walked up to his golf cart to talk.) Both gentlemen were super nice and extremely accommodating.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

As a kid, I rode a chairlift with Robert Redford
As a young adult, I met Richard Thomas and sat next to Matthew Broderick at a diner.
As an adult, I physically ran into Donald Sutherland, saw Patrick Stewart at the stage door of his one man show on Broadway, was recognized by Jerry Orbach while standing in line for a film, sat next to Nicole Kidman and her now ex-hubby the tiny Tom Cruise at the cinema, sat behind Richard Dreyfuss at the cinema, and sat next to Corbin Bernsen at a clam shack in the Hamptons.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

I met Gary Burghoff, aka Radar O'reilly at a gas station I worked at several years back. He REALLY values his privacy. I recognized him but didn't make a big deal of it. In case you're curious, he drove a Ford Expedition. He lives in a small town called Magalia, it's a little north of where I live in Paradise, CA.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Met Nemoy at one of his last conventions. He was nice to talk to, and it was clear Star Trek was not just a paycheck.

Also saw Bill Murray at a restaurant north of where I live.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

T'Pau wrote: was recognized by Jerry Orbach while standing in line for a film
Elaborate... you were recognized?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

I met FarScape's Gigi Edgely at toy show in San Jose, CA a few years ago. Got her autograph.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

If musicians who also had a couple of acting roles count, I should throw in Deborah Harry and Method Man.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Bryan Moore wrote:
T'Pau wrote: was recognized by Jerry Orbach while standing in line for a film
Elaborate... you were recognized?
Similar occupational orbits
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Now I'm intrigued lol
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

Not only did I see, but I got the chance to appear in a movie with Mary Steenburgen
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Alexander Siddig and Rene Auberjonois in Birmingham last year. Got both their autographs and shook their hands.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I saw Tom Hanks at a grocery store in Los Angeles a few years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Griffin wrote:I saw Tom Hanks at a grocery store in Los Angeles a few years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
LMAO. This has me rolling! Something awesome when famous people are trolls. I gotta ask - what was going through your mind?!