Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

o.O Speak of the devil.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

oh wow old article, look at the date. And we still haven't heard anything about this in over two months? lol
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

That's cool
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Hmmm. I wonder if I get any status if I can find my wife's BIA number...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm a bit behind with the news but it seems the Lakota are trying to exceed from the US nation and take big chunks of Dakota and surrounding land with them. Washington hasn't kept its side of the treaties so they've decided enough is enough and are planning to mount legal challenges to the land that was originally given to them in treaties in 1850.
That's just..........
Words defy the stupidity of doing that. At best, the US will recognise their independance (good luck with that!), and this small nation will pretty much collapse financialy. At worst, the US recognises it's independance.....and then invades.

Given that I haven't heard anything about this before, should I assume they were just ignored?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I remember hearing something about this a few months ago. The "secessionists" were a minor protest group who were ignored by pretty much everyone - including the Lakota leadership.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The guy did lose his presidential bid.
There's seperatists in a lot of nations. Montana, Lakota surprisingly not in the south far as I know for the US. Lot of places in Russia, hell even northern Spain has a seperatist group.

I wouldn't expect to hear anymore about this unless they declare war on the US. Hell even Iran or Venezuala didn't recognize them.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Everyone's got separatists to some extent - Cornwall and Scotland spring to mind here, the Basques in northern Spain and southern France, Quebec, South Ossetia in Georgia, Chechnya, Western Sahara, and those are just the ones off the top of my head. The list is endless. Most of them are small groups who no-one pays any attention to (like this bunch of Lakota) while others are serious trouble.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

That's exactly what seems to have happened with this group of Lakota Sioux. Just because the head of the separatist movement was loud, doesn't mean that he had the support of the bulk of the Lakota Sioux.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Captain Seafort wrote: Most of them are small groups who no-one pays any attention to (like this bunch of Lakota) while others are serious trouble.
Out of curiosity what are the Irish considered to be?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

sunnyside wrote:Out of curiosity what are the Irish considered to be?
I'm discounting the Troubles partially because, fingers crossed, they're over, and partially because the Provos' aim wasn't secession but unification with the Republic.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

sunnyside wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote: Most of them are small groups who no-one pays any attention to (like this bunch of Lakota) while others are serious trouble.
Well the Irish are considered to be foreigners. The Northern Irish are considered to be a problem solved.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, we don't really have trouble with people trying to get rid of parts of our country. We just have problems with terrorists trying to add places to our country.
A few decades ago, the Irish Republican Army was a pretty serious threat up in the North. Lately, though, it's thankfully died down, and we just have to listen to Sinn Féinn (the IRA's political wing) bitching about things that no one gives a damn about.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I hate to have to do this but, this kinda relates to the topic
I'm a bit behind with the news but it seems the Lakota are trying to exceed from the US nation and take big chunks of Dakota and surrounding land with them. Washington hasn't kept its side of the treaties so they've decided enough is enough and are planning to mount legal challenges to the land that was originally given to them in treaties in 1850.
They may get a huge chunk of property but the courts have blocked the request thus far for them to seperate from the US.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu